Page 1 of 1

Trim gauge

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm
by Little ab
I just had my 1999 232 boat, Volvo Penta 7.4 in the shop for a leak. They pulled the engine to get to the hull. When I got the boat back the trim gauge doesn't respond at all. I called the dealer and they said it was probably the sensor gone bad. I find it difficult to accept this since it worked when I took it in.
Can anyone tell me where the sensor is located and possibly the wiring connections?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Trim gauge

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 pm
by Big Block Power
Wire goes through the transom assembly. Easy enough to look back there for the harness. Go peak back there and you will find it disconnected. The sensor is the round disc on the side of your outdrive with 2 wires on it.

Re: Trim gauge

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 pm
by AsLan7
Hey Little ab. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Yes, most likely they missed the hook up if it doesn’t move at all. The round discs located on the outdrive rams are adjustable so the gauge will read correctly. Make sure the screws are tightened so it doesn’t just slip when you trim the drive.

More importantly, what part of the hull was leaking that they had to pull the engine?

Any pics?

Again welcome aboard mate!

.