Page 1 of 1

2016 R5 WSS ballst pumps

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 am
by WakeMaker
Pump system seems to need re calibration. I called Cobalt tech support, they said we only replace the pumps. I called Jabsco (pump manufacturer), they said there is an AI unit that needs re calibrating. I cannot find the unit. I did disconnect the pump from the battery and try the steps to re calibrate that based on the instructions they sent over. That was not successful. I then replaced the pump. Still exhibits the same problem of pumping for 30 seconds and shutting off. Can anyone tell me, where the AI unit is located and has anyone re calibrated successfully? Thanks in advance!

Re: 2016 R5 WSS ballst pumps

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:16 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey WM. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Sorry about your pump woes. Are you saying neither Cobalt nor the Dealer can tell you where the AI is located?

I think I’d have this fixed under warranty.

Btw, any pics?

Again welcome aboard mate. .
.

Re: 2016 R5 WSS ballst pumps

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:27 pm
by WakeMaker
Thank you! 2016 boat so no warranty coverage now. My first Cobalt was the 2005 262 with the 496 HO. Beast! I have a call with Cobalt dealer tech today so hopefully I will know sooner than later. Cobalt tech didnt even think there was a AI unit. He suggested replacing the pump and we did.