Page 1 of 2
JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 pm
by DockRocker
I have a JL M600/6 Amp and (2) JL 8.8 Tower speakers. I am going to bridge them on channels 1 and 2 (left tower speaker), and 3 and 4 (right tower speaker). I have Y connectors to split the signals to run the input to all 4 channels on the amp. My question is about the RCA connections at the Amp. Do I connect both left signals to channels 1 and 2 (left tower speaker) and connect both right signals to 3 and 4 (right tower speaker)? Or do I send both left and right signals to EACH of the tower speakers? Thank you! I will start a new thread later with my complete JL Audio stereo build.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm
by NautiGirl
All depends on how the amp input switch is set. 1 & 2 get one tower 3 & 4 get the other. What are your plans for channels 5 & 6 on the amp? I have our towers bridged to a M600/6 so I am pretty familiar /w the setup, we should be able to knock this out.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:55 pm
by DockRocker
The input switch on this Amp will be set for 6 channels. Channels 5 and 6 will be bridged for the Subwoofer and they will have a separate RCA cable from HU to Amp channels 5 and 6. I have Y connectors for the Tower speakers so all the inputs will have RCA cables on them.
My main question is do I send left signals to left tower speaker only and right signals to right tower speaker? Or should I send both left and right signals to each of the 2 tower speakers?
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 pm
by NautiGirl
Dedicated output on the head unit for a sub woofer or no?
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 pm
by DockRocker
Yes. According to JL amp owners manual, it says when you bridge the channels, it combines the signal and its mono.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:04 pm
by NautiGirl
Option one. Sorry should have just gotten to your question sooner. Same way we have ours setup, I have been pretty happy /w it.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:11 pm
by DockRocker
OK thanks! I was thinking the same thing about sending left signals to left tower speaker and right signals to right tower speaker. I will try that! thank you! The owners manual for the Wetsounds HTX-6 amp has a very good diagram about how to hook up these Y connectors and the 2 tower speakers.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:23 pm
by AsLan7
DockRocker wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:44 pm
I have a JL M600/6 Amp and (2) JL 8.8 Tower speakers. I am going to bridge them on channels 1 and 2 (left tower speaker), and 3 and 4 (right tower speaker). I have Y connectors to split the signals to run the input to all 4 channels on the amp. My question is about the RCA connections at the Amp. Do I connect both left signals to channels 1 and 2 (left tower speaker) and connect both right signals to 3 and 4 (right tower speaker)? Or do I send both left and right signals to EACH of the tower speakers? Thank you! I will start a new thread later with my complete JL Audio stereo build.
.
DockRocker wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:11 pm
OK thanks! I was thinking the same thing about sending left signals to left tower speaker and right signals to right tower speaker. I will try that! thank you! The owners manual for the Wetsounds HTX-6 amp has a very good diagram about how to hook up these Y connectors and the 2 tower speakers.
.
And for any others on the forum who are curious as well, a picture is worth a thousand words....
(like you said, this configuration maintains the ability to control left and right speaker volume)
.
Inked1A rt.jpg
.
Looking forward to your pics!
.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:18 pm
by DockRocker
A7, is this how you hooked up your tower speakers also? Nice correction on the Wetsounds image, on the Rt RCA Y-splitter.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:07 pm
by AsLan7
DockRocker wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:18 pm
A7, is this how you hooked up your tower speakers also? Nice correction on the Wetsounds image, on the Rt RCA Y-splitter.
.
We have not installed yet but will connect the Zone 2 RCA's from our Rockford Fosgate head unit the same way using our Wet Sounds Sinister 6 amp mono-bridged to Wet Sounds Rev10 tower speakers. Very similar to your JL M6 amp setup.
.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm
by Big Block Power
Mine are wired like that. Left and right to the towers and sub out to the sub in bridged.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm
Mine are wired like that. Left and right to the towers and sub out to the sub in bridged.
Are your tower speakers bridged?
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm
Mine are wired like that. Left and right to the towers and sub out to the sub in bridged.
Are your tower speakers bridged?
Yes
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:47 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:24 pm
Mine are wired like that. Left and right to the towers and sub out to the sub in bridged.
Are your tower speakers bridged?
Yes
Nice.
Re: JL Tower Speaker and Amp question
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:54 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:47 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:41 pm
Are your tower speakers bridged?
Yes
Nice.
I wanted stereo seperation.