Page 1 of 1
Battery Life
Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:10 pm
by Jrader638
Hello all, I have a 2017 220s, my dealer just informed me that it needed jumped before they could perform the annual maintenance today, what is the typical battery life for a boat? I really don’t think I drain the batteries that much or at all throughout the year, certainly not as much as others do.
Thanks for any input!!
Re: Battery Life
Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:40 pm
by akorcovelos
In very general terms 3-5 years is a good run for a battery. Obviously maintenance plays a big part in that, which I found out the hard way with my golf cart this year. $600 lesson I won't soon forget...
Re: Battery Life
Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:36 pm
by Jrader638
Oh man!! That’s rough sorry to hear. I think I’ll look into some new ones I guess!
Re: Battery Life
Posted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:21 pm
by Big Block Power
Did you maintain them this off season. Where does the boat sit in the off season. Do you remove them and bring them in doors. Are they excluded from the 5 year warranty from Cobalt? 3-5 is norm.
Re: Battery Life
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:27 am
by MnLakeBum
I'm normally diligent about battery maintenance having growing up with these MN winters but just this week pulled a neglected Interstate extra battery out of my Maker One that has been sitting in the boat along side the two connected main batteries. It was intended as a backup and was in the boat not connected nor charged at all since I bought it new in June of 2017. I expected it to be dead and not take a charge and was ready to replace it. To my surprise it had 56% charge, showed 12.2 volts, had full water levels, and charged and tested perfect after being neglected for almost 3 years including sitting in an unheated storage through the brutal MN winters. I'm normally lucky to get 4 years out of a car battery and for boats I expect the same but it appears they sometimes can take some neglect. I'm running power out on my dock this year partially so I can do a better job of making sure my batteries are better maintained.
Re: Battery Life
Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:48 am
by SAB220
and AGM batteries that I'm getting in all my powersports.....