Page 1 of 3

MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:47 pm
by SKMARTIN6
[attachment=0]my cobalt. Hi, I'm Tim. New owner of a 2014 Cobalt 220 bought late last summer, got 10hr's on it before we had to put it up for the winter. Had a 18ft 1999 Mariah before the Cobalt. Mariah was a nice boat but I'm not sure anything can compare to the Cobalt. Got a great deal for Jeff Gibbs @ Clinton Marine in central Illinois, paid less for a new boat than some people wanted for used 2013's w/50 or more hr's.

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 am
by jhnmdahl
Welcome Tim, and thanks for stopping by. Nice deal on a nice boat - there's a Great Lakes regional page on here (near the bottom of the listings) where you can mention a good dealer or good service as well.

I really like the look of the white forward arch/wakeboard tower on that one - ended up going with the same thing on a 210 I recently ordered.

I'm working on adding content, but feel free to post any questions you might have and I'll work to find an answer. I hope to make this a good resource for Cobalt owners in the months and years to come.

John

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:03 pm
by SKMARTIN6
Thanks John, couldn't be happier with the Cobalt. I'm very impressed with the work you have done on the web site, I assume you work in the computer field. FYI there is a Cobalt site mycobalt.net. Been on it several times but it seems like it is mostly people trying to sell their boats can't get a lot of info. Put a request on there late September about the mounting location for a dual battery charger,no reply. Anyway there is a site I found while shopping for mine you might want to post here called seedealercost.com very cool site. Good luck with the this I enjoy talking to people about stuff. Tim

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:13 am
by AsLan7
.
Going thru some archived threads.

My how far you have come, John, with this site in the last 2.5 years since Member #5! Keep up the great work. 8-)

.

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:58 pm
by liquid
Where do we find out what member # we are?

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:24 pm
by AsLan7
liquid wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:58 pm Where do we find out what member # we are?
Well, John probably has the official list.
If we sort by "join date" on the Member's page...and SKMARTIN6 was member #5...then that puts you at member #17, Liquid! :!:

.

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm
by Big Block Power
Liquid your still #2 for me.lol
I remember the days of no response.Just yourself and John would answer back. I stuck with it. It's become a great group I would call friends. I just like having another forum with no bs and friendly goofing around.

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:04 am
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm Liquid your still #2 for me.lol
I remember the days of no response.Just yourself and John would answer back. I stuck with it. It's become a great group I would call friends. I just like having another forum with no bs and friendly goofing around.
:lol: It was so refreshing when you showed up. I would just post everywhere and then when no one would say anything I'd just answer myself and then move on.

It's odd seeing people with 1000+ posts now... I'm not the most frequent poster I've just been around the longest. I imagine John after creating the site thinking, "it's just me and this lunatic here, I should just shut this down" :lol:

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 am
by jhnmdahl
Heh, better than when it was just me ;)

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:05 pm
by liquid
jhnmdahl wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:53 am Heh, better than when it was just me ;)
Ha! Yeah I bet there's some time for unnecessary soul searching.

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:14 pm
by liquid
AsLan7 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:24 pm
liquid wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:58 pm Where do we find out what member # we are?
Well, John probably has the official list.
If we sort by "join date" on the Member's page...and SKMARTIN6 was member #5...then that puts you at member #17, Liquid! :!:

.
I think SKMART had a counting problem based on that list... or people have deleted? Either way I'm declaring myself #15 and am heading down to the courthouse later today to make it official. I am changing my avatar. Business cards and stationary come next week. :o

Unless we don't count the admin in which case it's 14?

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm
by jhnmdahl
Admin is automatically created, and I've deleted a ton of accounts (especially in the early days, when it was mostly spam).

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:45 pm
by ajcampen
Any way to ping former accounts and let them know how active the forum is now?

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:04 pm
by Big Block Power
I was going to say should we delete members that haven't made a single post in over a couple of years. But I guess they could be lurking?

Re: MEMBER #5 HELLO ALL

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:47 pm
by Ytmsn
No need to delete, that would just cause John a lot of work.
If folks are out there lurking, that means there is an interest.
Its kinda like a church congregation. You have your members, and then you have your active members. Don't delete anyone unless they give you reason too.