New Stereo Draining Battery
Posted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:39 am
Last year, I upgraded my AMP and Stereo on my 276. Since the stereo was upgraded (the AMP was done a couple days later), my #1 Battery has been completely drained--this is with the battery in the OFF position. So, I've had to start the boat on 1+2 battery position and start to charge battery one. The number 1 battery fully charged seems to lose about 25% per day, so if I leave it from Saturday to Sunday--dead battery. I am also concerned since my bilge pump is connected on the same battery (Will the bilge use #2 battery if #1 is dead???)
I did have the stereo and AMP professionally installed--I don't really know where all the wires go. So, I have been thinking of possible solutions....maybe just disconnect the yellow memory lead. My problem is I don't know where the lead connects (without pulling the stereo and finding the connection there) Does anyone know if there is battery lead connection somewhere under the dash? I've looked but it's not very clear.
Fortunately, I have power at my dock. So, I have a battery charger/tender that I plug in if I leave the boat for more than a couple of days.
Here is the head unit I selected: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXM72 ... M72BT.html
Here is the AMP that I selected: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0qJr3iK87 ... 0-8v2.html
I selected this head unit since it worked with the 2 existing wired remotes already on the boat. The AMP needed to be replaced since my water line disconnected from my speedometer and cause a couple of the channels to die on the old AMP.
The battery was being drained before the AMP was replaced. So, I am focused on the head unit. Anyone know of any issue with this Sony head unit?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
I did have the stereo and AMP professionally installed--I don't really know where all the wires go. So, I have been thinking of possible solutions....maybe just disconnect the yellow memory lead. My problem is I don't know where the lead connects (without pulling the stereo and finding the connection there) Does anyone know if there is battery lead connection somewhere under the dash? I've looked but it's not very clear.
Fortunately, I have power at my dock. So, I have a battery charger/tender that I plug in if I leave the boat for more than a couple of days.
Here is the head unit I selected: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_158MEXM72 ... M72BT.html
Here is the AMP that I selected: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-0qJr3iK87 ... 0-8v2.html
I selected this head unit since it worked with the 2 existing wired remotes already on the boat. The AMP needed to be replaced since my water line disconnected from my speedometer and cause a couple of the channels to die on the old AMP.
The battery was being drained before the AMP was replaced. So, I am focused on the head unit. Anyone know of any issue with this Sony head unit?
Any guidance would be appreciated.