Page 1 of 1

Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:17 pm
by dogwspts
Anyone had a center cushion made for the 220s. Or have pictures of one . Do they have to be custom made or does Cobalt have them

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:25 pm
by akorcovelos
For a 2017 you should be able to contact Cobalt for one. Bring your checkbook. 😉

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:34 pm
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:25 pm For a 2017 you should be able to contact Cobalt for one. Bring your checkbook. 😉
Yep agreed. It won't be too bad I bet 500 to 750. Check with your dealer. It's worth every penny though. They do have draw backs that you don't think of though. I just can't think of any right now.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:18 am
by Dropped Anchor
Does it get more non barefoot foot traffic on it that drives you crazy? When docking and you need to run to the front, does it get in the way?

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 am
by akorcovelos
Dropped Anchor wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:18 am Does it get more non barefoot foot traffic on it that drives you crazy? When docking and you need to run to the front, does it get in the way?
It’s solid enough to hold my ass, lol. I put it in when I launch, and stow it when I need to put the cover on.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 am
by ajcampen
When covered you have to find a place to store it. Perhaps in the engine area on the port side in fro. Of batteries if you can figure out a way to secure

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:09 am
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 am
Dropped Anchor wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:18 am Does it get more non barefoot foot traffic on it that drives you crazy? When docking and you need to run to the front, does it get in the way?
It’s solid enough to hold my ass, lol. I put it in when I launch, and stow it when I need to put the cover on.
It's not so much that it's in your way docking but you kneel instead of standing. You gain storage under it. We put our cooler under there with no slip stuff or else it slides every time you give it gas. I don't like to take it out all the time. They are a bit heavy. But if you have a bow cover you can't use your pole unless you take it out. It's just little things. But they are worth having.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm
by akorcovelos
ajcampen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 am When covered you have to find a place to store it. Perhaps in the engine area on the port side in fro. Of batteries if you can figure out a way to secure
I usually stow mine in the head compartment. My detailer put it In the rear seat storage.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm
by ajcampen
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm
ajcampen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 am When covered you have to find a place to store it. Perhaps in the engine area on the port side in fro. Of batteries if you can figure out a way to secure
I usually stow mine in the head compartment. My detailer put it In the rear seat storage.
The 220S has a lot of storage just nothing wide enough for the cushion I think. No head either

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:53 pm
by akorcovelos
ajcampen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm
ajcampen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 am When covered you have to find a place to store it. Perhaps in the engine area on the port side in fro. Of batteries if you can figure out a way to secure
I usually stow mine in the head compartment. My detailer put it In the rear seat storage.
The 220S has a lot of storage just nothing wide enough for the cushion I think. No head either
If that’s the case I’d get a nice cover/storage bag made for it and put it in the ski locker when not in use.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:17 pm
by Big Block Power
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:53 pm
ajcampen wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm

I usually stow mine in the head compartment. My detailer put it In the rear seat storage.
The 220S has a lot of storage just nothing wide enough for the cushion I think. No head either
If that’s the case I’d get a nice cover/storage bag made for it and put it in the ski locker when not in use.
I wouldn't put anything in the ski locker to much moisture in there. She would get moldy. I can fit mine in storage behind the bow seat backrest area. Yes a storage Bag is a must.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 pm
by dogwspts
WOW... $485 + shipping from Cobalt .They sure do love their parts.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:33 pm
by Big Block Power
dogwspts wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:41 pm WOW... $485 + shipping from Cobalt .They sure do love their parts.
That's cheap. I think it cost me 350 and a 6 hour road trip and the fabric didn't match. Well worth it.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:06 am
by akorcovelos
That’s honestly a decent price for any custom cushion, may as well get it from the OEM.

Re: Center Bow cushion for 220 S/2017

Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:18 am
by dogwspts
Good to hear thanks.