Page 1 of 1

Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:34 am
by Iowariverrat
Hi All,

Got my bow filler cushion cleaned up and installed for the first time, and this nice little plastic bracket fell apart in my hands. Has anyone replaced these and knows where to find them, or am I stuck with trying to glue it back together?

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am
by Big Block Power
Go to Lowes and buy a piece of starboard and make a new one. Then stop by best buy and buy new speakers.

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm
by Homeskillet
Check out Kendor Marine and see if they have what your looking for. They stock a lot of stuff (might not be exact, but maybe you could replace both sides).

Too each his own on the speakers. BUT, I finally did mine, added some power, and then a sub, and then some more power lol. Best move I ever made :)

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:40 pm
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm Check out Kendor Marine and see if they have what your looking for. They stock a lot of stuff (might not be exact, but maybe you could replace both sides).

Too each his own on the speakers. BUT, I finally did mine, added some power, and then a sub, and then some more power lol. Best move I ever made :)
I just hate the faded old sony grilles. It ages the boat.

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am
by Iowariverrat
Homeskillet wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm Check out Kendor Marine and see if they have what your looking for. They stock a lot of stuff (might not be exact, but maybe you could replace both sides).

Too each his own on the speakers. BUT, I finally did mine, added some power, and then a sub, and then some more power lol. Best move I ever made :)
Thanks, Skillet, I'll check that out. For now, it's sitting in my vice with epoxy and we shall see how it comes out. I was mostly curious if anyone happened to have a link to the actual part, should've been more specific in my post. I can fab one, but would rather fix 1 part with OEM than fabricate 4 because....they have to match!

The speakers do date the boat, but it is 22 years old after all. The previous owners added a head unit, sub and 2 amps. Certainly not top of the line, but it sounds surprisingly good. An upgrade is in my future, but right now my focus is ensuring everything else is functional and solid before I get ahead of myself.

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:47 am
by Big Block Power
Iowariverrat wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am
Homeskillet wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm Check out Kendor Marine and see if they have what your looking for. They stock a lot of stuff (might not be exact, but maybe you could replace both sides).

Too each his own on the speakers. BUT, I finally did mine, added some power, and then a sub, and then some more power lol. Best move I ever made :)
Thanks, Skillet, I'll check that out. For now, it's sitting in my vice with epoxy and we shall see how it comes out. I was mostly curious if anyone happened to have a link to the actual part, should've been more specific in my post. I can fab one, but would rather fix 1 part with OEM than fabricate 4 because....they have to match!

The speakers do date the boat, but it is 22 years old after all. The previous owners added a head unit, sub and 2 amps. Certainly not top of the line, but it sounds surprisingly good. An upgrade is in my future, but right now my focus is ensuring everything else is functional and solid before I get ahead of myself.
Perfect just in case you don't know Cobalt doesn't make or keep parts past 7 years except emblems.

Re: Bow Filler Cushion Support Bracket

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:28 am
by Iowariverrat
Yep I'm with ya!