Page 1 of 1

1975 Cobalt

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:36 am
by kbertsch
This is my 1975 Cobalt. My dad bought it new when I was 13 and I have had it ever since. I entered a post in the Parts Forum if you want to see what I am looking for. I just wanted to show everyone here in the member introduction forum what they used to look like.

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 am
by Big Block Power
Very sweet. It's nice to have clean water to use it in. You took great care of her.Thanks for sharing and welcome from Wisconsin.

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am
by liquid
That is sweet. Nice boat and welcome.

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 pm
by kbertsch
Thank you. We have been thinking about taking it up to Lake Geneva sometime. We took the mail boat run around the lake a few years ago and about every dock had a Cobalt in it. Very cool lake.

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm
by Big Block Power
Cobalt has a pretty good strong hold on the lake. It helps that there's no shortage of money there. Call Tom at Gordy's and see if he can lead you into the right direction?

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm
by Dale & Rose J
Love your boat. I'm a vintage lover myself. Looking forward to running our 72 16ft as much as possible this year.
Sure wish I could get the cover you have on yours for mine, but unfortunately no one makes them anymore.
Dale

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 pm
by Southernboatman
Pretty cool boat! Nice top!

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:00 am
by Big Block Power
Dale you could get one made though

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:08 am
by kbertsch
Dale & Rose J wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm Love your boat. I'm a vintage lover myself. Looking forward to running our 72 16ft as much as possible this year.
Sure wish I could get the cover you have on yours for mine, but unfortunately no one makes them anymore.
Dale
[/quo

Thanks. My top isn't the original. It sat in my dad's garage for years and age and mice took their toll. I am fortunate enough living in northern Indiana where there is no shortage of boat manufacturers and Amish sewing shops. The Amish do a lot of work for the boat manufacturers around here. They seem to be particularly notorious for boat covers and tops. I had one of them make the top for me. I gave him a picture of what I wanted it to look like and he made it happen.

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:10 am
by kbertsch
Southernboatman wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:51 pm Pretty cool boat! Nice top!
Thank you

Re: 1975 Cobalt

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:37 am
by Ytmsn
That's Sooo cool!