Page 1 of 1

Question about my fuel gauge

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:04 pm
by AlexV
I have A 2020 25sc with the twin garmin 7606. After I fueled up my fuel gauge never moved back to full. I had to go into the settings and manually enter that I filled up than it read full. The gauge goes down and reads out the percentages as I burn fuel. Do I have to change a setting so it reads full on it's own? I'm surprised with duel garmin the boat didn't come with sonar.

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:02 pm
by tgrace98
Sounds to me like the dealer didn’t program your fuel gauge properly. I’d take it back to them to program it the right way. I have the same setup in my R7 and it works like any fuel gauge. I fill up and it goes full, I drive around and it goes down.

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:03 pm
by Big Block Power
This is supposed to be programmed by your dealer before delivery. Some dealers were really bad at this. It's a process to do it. I think BobRae99 posted the procedure in here somewhere. So yes you will need to get it done.

Re: Question about my fuel gauge

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:23 pm
by AlexV
Thanks. Good to read it's just something in the programming. I'll call garmin Support when I get home and have them talk me through it. My dealer knows less than I do about the Garmin's in the Cobalts