Page 1 of 3

New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:47 pm
by GrandBanks
Hi All I just purchased a 1999 200 in great shape. I don't know what series it is and hope someone can shed some light on that. It has the Mercruiser 5.0 efi. with an Alfa drive.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:25 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey GB. Welcome to the Cobaltchat forum. So glad you found us!

Any pics of your new acquisition? You’re going to make some amazing memories on the water. How will you be using her?

Again welcome aboard mate!

.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:40 pm
by GrandBanks
As my user name states, we own a Grand Banks that we keep on an island in the Ca. Delta in the summer. We have grown out of our 15' Whaler so the Cobalt was the logical choice. I saw this one listed on Craigs List yesterday and cut the check this morning. I'm very interested in finding out what performance I can expect, speed cruise and top, what wheels (prop's) are others turning on these 5.0's.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:56 pm
by Big Block Power
Welcome. Congrats on the new ride. What Wheel is on it now. No pictures no boat.
I would say you will be close to 50mph. A high five might work nice on it. Or a merc Enertia prop. I don't know if you will be able to spin a rev 4.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:05 pm
by GrandBanks
Pic's

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:07 pm
by GrandBanks
Sorry still trying to post pictures

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:10 pm
by AsLan7
.
Click on the “full editor” radio button. Then select the attachment tab. You’ll be able to select a picture on your device and upload.

.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 pm
by cmattj
Welcome also from the California Delta! I’m glad you picked up a great model as you’ll be zipping to hot spots , and parking will be improved!
Looking forward to some pics as we will look for you out there!

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:57 pm
by GrandBanks
Let me see if this works

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:20 pm
by Big Block Power
Looks like a fresh glass of wine, spinal wine that is 👍🍷

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 pm
by GrandBanks
I don't know what spinal wine is but I do believe the color is Bordeaux. And yes I purchased it in Napa.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 pm
by Big Block Power
GrandBanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 pm I don't know what spinal wine is but I do believe the color is Bordeaux. And yes I purchased it in Napa.
I'm thinking it might be the color of your boat. Nope it's Bordeaux
Close. 🍷Cheers anyways.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 pm
GrandBanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 pm I don't know what spinal wine is but I do believe the color is Bordeaux. And yes I purchased it in Napa.
I'm thinking it might be the color of your boat.
I had no idea until I google “ Spinal Wine “ how savvy you have become on the subject 🤣🤣

Great looking Cobalt GB!

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:23 pm
by AsLan7
GrandBanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:57 pm Let me see if this works
.
Nice job GB! Thanks for posting that. Now we need an engine shot. :D

.

Re: New Guy Here

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:53 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:48 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:41 pm
GrandBanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:23 pm I don't know what spinal wine is but I do believe the color is Bordeaux. And yes I purchased it in Napa.
I'm thinking it might be the color of your boat.
I had no idea until I google “ Spinal Wine “ how savvy you have become on the subject 🤣🤣

Great looking Cobalt GB!
What ever. Wrong manufacturer and of course spelled wrong.