Page 1 of 2

Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm
by Southerncomfort
While I am fixing the drain issue. THought I would try and knock out another little item.

The rubber grommet on both sides of the engine hatch have disappeared \ disintegrated. I have been looking online but thought I would throw it up to the experts \ BBP.

Any guidance on who to call or just an item number :D

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 pm
by ajcampen
Call Jason at lodder’s marine in Cincinnati and he will ship them to you. I bought 5 last year as I go through them every little while

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:57 pm
by Big Block Power
ajcampen wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 pm Call Jason at lodder’s marine in Cincinnati and he will ship them to you. I bought 5 last year as I go through them every little while
Yep this is where we all got them from. They also stick to the kids them fall off them gone. Also when you get them crawl into your engine area have someone that can lift the lid close it and see if the contract the lid. None of mine were even close so I adjusted them.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:15 pm
by Bobo87
I 2nd that got mine there last spring. Bought twice as many as I needed. Freight was the same.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:01 am
by Norris_Boating
I tried to get replacements last year from lodders and they said sorry they didn't have them. I had to go buy something similar, went to amazon and found rubber feet covers for stools and that worked ok.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:09 pm
by Driller
Got mine from Lodders, bought 2 sets and they shipped them down promptly.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm
by Bobo87
Looks like Driller and I bought Lodder’s entire inventory. 😝

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm
by Driller
Bobo87 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm Looks like Driller and I bought Lodder’s entire inventory. 😝
Yeah, but that was almost 2 years ago I bought mine.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:29 pm
by Bobo87
Driller wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Bobo87 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm Looks like Driller and I bought Lodder’s entire inventory. 😝
Yeah, but that was almost 2 years ago I bought mine.
I know and I got mine last year. I bought all 8 that they had. I figure that’s their years supply. Lol 😝

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 pm
by Big Block Power

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 pm
by Bobo87
Big Block Power wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:50 pm Found some on Google
https://im356-911.com/products/seat-adj ... overs-bm28
BBP to the rescue. We can always count on you. Thank you 😊

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:59 pm
by Driller
Looked back over my e-mail. When I called Lodders they only had one in stock. I talked to Jason Durbin and he ordered me a dozen and had them shipped down.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:26 pm
by SAB220
My 16 year old grommets are perfect which may tell me the hatch cover is probably not in contact with the cover. I'll get inside the compartment and look up when I winterize.

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 am
by bruced4
After much research I found a company who makes these rubber caps. The company is JW Winco and the part number is GN806-19-A. They are described as "PROTECTIVE CAP NEOPRENE" and fit just fine over these supporting hex bolts. Theye are $1.04 each. Best to get a bunch as shipping runs $10.50 depending on where you live.

I used a little red grease on top of the cap once installed and it worked well to mark when the cap just contacted the underside of the hatch. Side note: On my 2014 Cobalt 220 two of the supports were not mounted by the factory under solid flat fiberglass but rather on a transition curve. This would not be good for intended support function. I havent decided if I want to move them to the correct spot or not. Not really worth the hassle and I dont see that hatch failing any time soon ;-)

Re: Engine Hatch-rubber grommet

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:53 pm
by AsLan7
bruced4 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 am After much research I found a company who makes these rubber caps. The company is JW Winco and the part number is GN806-19-A. They are described as "PROTECTIVE CAP NEOPRENE" and fit just fine over these supporting hex bolts. Theye are $1.04 each. Best to get a bunch as shipping runs $10.50 depending on where you live.

I used a little red grease on top of the cap once installed and it worked well to mark when the cap just contacted the underside of the hatch. Side note: On my 2014 Cobalt 220 two of the supports were not mounted by the factory under solid flat fiberglass but rather on a transition curve. This would not be good for intended support function. I havent decided if I want to move them to the correct spot or not. Not really worth the hassle and I dont see that hatch failing any time soon ;-)
.
Nice update on this B4. Thanks for posting that. 8-)

.