Page 1 of 1
2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
by Mike in SC
How do I make this work? I have one toggle switch that either seems to change setpoints or something, or goes between modes.
Nothing seems to indicate the actual depth of the water I'm in.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm
by Bfun220
Mike in SC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
How do I make this work? I have one toggle switch that either seems to change setpoints or something, or goes between modes.
Nothing seems to indicate the actual depth of the water I'm in.
Toggle down to see differant displays shallow, deep, keel depth and units. To set units, alarm that is displayed toggle up.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:18 pm
by Mike in SC
Maybe I just have a malfunctioning instrument.
Does it change back to reading depth after you leave it alone for a bit, or is there a setting that's supposed to read depth?
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm
by Bfun220
What does your display show?
You may also have to check the Transducer. There is a liquid in there that maybe low. If its low refill with antifreeze.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 pm
by Mike in SC
It seems to show setpoints for the different points, and Err...sometimes I see a depth but when I periodically get the alarm, I play with the toggle until it goes away. But if there is a fluid level to check on the transducer I'll find that and service it if needed. Thanks!
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 pm
by AsLan7
Mike in SC wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
How do I make this work? I have one toggle switch that either seems to change setpoints or something, or goes between modes.
Nothing seems to indicate the actual depth of the water I'm in.
.
Hey Mike.
Maybe
this thread will help.
Also try
here.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 pm
by Mike in SC
That looks like some good info, thank you very much!
I bookmarked the pages for later reference.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:58 am
by TM1970
Good day! First time posting!
I am having issues with my depth gauge on my Cobalt. The gauge has been working well until this past weekend. Now I get a ridiculous depth, then what would be an accurate depth, then what appears to be a reset. I have been reading several threads and believe that I have an in-hull transducer (please see pics). Given my type of transducer, my questions are this: 1) Is this the entire transducer or is there another piece mounted in the back of the boat? 2) If this is the entire transducer, should this piece be mounted to somewhere in the back of the boat? 3) Does this type of transducer require the anti-freeze that people are talking about?
Thanks in advance for any help and all responses!
IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:01 pm
by Big Block Power
To me that looks like the shoot thru the hull transducer. Is there anything else in the bilge that looks like that could go into? Otherwise that should be epoxied to the hull.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:53 pm
by Driller
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:01 pm
To me that looks like the shoot thru the hull transducer. Is there anything else in the bilge that looks like that could go into? Otherwise that should be epoxied to the hull.
+1
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:08 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:53 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:01 pm
To me that looks like the shoot thru the hull transducer. Is there anything else in the bilge that looks like that could go into? Otherwise that should be epoxied to the hull.
+1
.
+2
.
...and welcome aboard TM1970!
.
Re: 2003 220 Depth Sounder operation
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 am
by Mike in SC
Was that located under the engine?
It looks like it's designed to fit into something else...
My depth sounder gives the same behavior. I had given a cursory look for it earlier, but didn't see it.
I would like mine to work...