Page 1 of 1
Steering wheel self-leveling center
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 pm
by Photo_G
Hi,
My 2011 210 steering wheel has what appears to be a leather self-leveling center logo insert. I say that because it spins if I manually move it, but it doesn't spin to level on its own. Has anyone had to deal with this problem before? If so, I'd love to know how you fixed it.
.
wheel_insert.png
.
Thanks in advance,
G
Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:18 pm
by cmattj
Well you could just sell it to me? I know nice right..
Or as vinyl shrinks overtime take the Allen screws off the ring and put something or two side tape to bind in back in the ring cover.
Did you need my address??
Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 pm
by Driller
Photo_G wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:34 pm
Hi,
My 2011 210 steering wheel has what appears to be a leather self-leveling center logo insert. I say that because it spins if I manually move it, but it doesn't spin to level on its own. Has anyone had to deal with this problem before? If so, I'd love to know how you fixed it.
.
wheel_insert.png
.
Thanks in advance,
G
I have the same wheel on my 2011 242. Does exactly the same thing. I just don't look at mine so it doesn't bother the OCD in me.
You might be able to dismantle, clean, and lube, but it seems that on mine it is slightly binding on the OD of the center logo not on the internals.
Re: Steering wheel self-leveling center
Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm
by Photo_G
Thanks cmattj, Driller! I'll try your suggestions and post back.
Take care,
G