Page 1 of 1

Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 am
by Huck
I have a 2010 Cobalt 262,and have a low-clearance bridge near us, and also would like to keep bimini on boat while in the lift.
Is there any way that my bimini could be lowered easily to about 1/2 way down to provide clearance to lift and low bridge ,WITHOUT having to take the entire bimini down?

Our old Crownline had push-buttons on the frame that would allow us to lower the bimini without having to take it all the way down,which made it very easy to do!

Thanks for your help!!!
Huck

Re: Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm
by Big Block Power
I would think you could buy smaller support arms and add quick release tabs on the hull.

Re: Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 am
by Dudley67
Cobalt sold shorty rear bimini support poles, check with your local Cobalt dealer. Explain you need the "trailer" rear support bimini poles. That is the term I used when I bought some for my past 07 252...

Re: Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 am
by Dudley67
So, it took awhile but found a source..

https://store.canvas-boat-cover-and-rep ... a1022.html

Re: Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am
by akorcovelos
I think he’s looking for telescoping support poles that let you choose between two positions. I have a low bridge to clear as well, I’d be interested in an option like that as well.

Re: Bimini frame fold-down

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 pm
by Dudley67
akorcovelos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:57 am I think he’s looking for telescoping support poles that let you choose between two positions. I have a low bridge to clear as well, I’d be interested in an option like that as well.
Ahhh, interesting did not know about that option as well....

:oops: