Page 1 of 1

Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:59 am
by SAB220
2004 220

The interior oval light fixtures are in need of repair, and I don't mean light bulbs. Almost all the light fixtures have their clear plastic cover tabs broken (Sun makes them brindle?). Members of my family have taped the covers back but that doesn't work. The plastic covers are now in a cup holders, or in the glove, saying Dad these need fixing. What happened to fathers day?

Anyway, have other people replaced these interior deck light fixtures, nothing fancy, and who was the vendor? I assume the electrical backing has male clips.

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:05 pm
by akorcovelos
Picture would help, but Great Lakes Skipper or Kendoor Marine are your best bet.

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:25 pm
by Big Block Power
I like these

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:40 pm
by SAB220
Thanks I looked at Great Lakes Skipper but nothing. Another project... I''ll take a picture tomorrow and post but I need to take some measurements because the new one need to fit the hole or be slightly larger. Maybe the old light has a name on it. I guess they need to be Oblong. thanks

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 pm
by Big Block Power
I have those lights Somewhere here. I think the ones I posted will fit just fine.

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:11 pm
by SAB220
I found the original light on amazon. I guess it a pretty popular boat/RV interior light. Who would of guessed you can still get the light (fixture) after 15 years. However, I think I'll pass buying it. Rather then buying it and replacing the bulb to blue LED. I think I'll buy a blue light LED oblong fixture. There quite a few of them...I buy one and try it out first. Thanks for your posts
light.jpeg

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:05 pm
by kclements
If you wanted to go with the same fixture for ease of installation, I found them for $10 each. by far the least expensive that I could find.

I ordered 6 of them for my boat. When they came they already are LED. Not sure how bright they are since I have not installed them yet, but unlike the original ones the ones I ordered had 3 small clear LED lights that are not replaceable. Sorry I don't have a picture of them. But they are the exact same as the stock ones just like your picture.

https://www.johnsonssurplus.com/product ... t-2407764b

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:42 pm
by SAB220
I think I'm going to buy one (1) Hella 980869601 blue LED light and see how it fits. However all these strip lights are very narrow and the original OEM plastic lights puts a big hole in the bulkhead so if I look at the dimensions the access hole for the old light is greater then or equal to the strip light height ( I want to cover the old hole made by the old light). The access hole is so large I may have to go with a round light like BBP recommended instead of a strip light. I'm guessing but the strip light probably puts out more lumen' s then the round light.

The OEM original light :

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:44 pm
by CBO
What replacement lights did you end up with? Any pictures of them installed?

Re: Replace Interior Light Fixtures (deck lights)

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2025 9:11 am
by Canterbury
Sorry to drag up an old thread. SAB did your replacement light work? I am looking to upgrade these lights on my 220 and dont want to get into cutting or being too small. I have the lens on the current light with me that measured at 3.125 x 1.625, so figure the overall size of the enclosure being about 1/4" larger overall.

The Seasense model shown is only 2.875 x 1.5 so quite a bit smaller. There would be either hole marks showing or a cut gap.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.