Page 1 of 2

2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm
by Jwill

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm
by AsLan7
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm
by Jwill
Well, that didn’t last long!

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:51 pm
by AsLan7
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Well, that didn’t last long!
.
Ha. I thought you bought it. :lol:

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm
by Jwill
It was tempting, but I’ve got 2 boats, what the heck was I gonna do with a third?

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:03 pm
by AsLan7
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm It was tempting, but I’ve got 2 boats, what the heck was I gonna do with a third?
Flip them.....like YTMSN did today. :D

.

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am
by Ytmsn
Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 am
by AsLan7
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...
.
Now how you gonna catch up to BBP's flips with that attitude....(although I guess you have been doing it for quite a few years. :D )

On that note, what was your most interesting, memorable, or downright disaster flip YT?

.

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm
by Ytmsn
AsLan7 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 am
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am Shoot I haven't even pick it up yet A7! But soon...
.
Now how you gonna catch up to BBP's flips with that attitude....(although I guess you have been doing it for quite a few years. :D )

On that note, what was your most interesting, memorable, or downright disaster flip YT?

.
Hmm.. I've never really thought about that. Haven't really had any disasters and have actually done pretty good on several deals. Some things I've jumped over, and thats always fun. Buying and selling have been in my blood since I was in High School. The Art of the Deal, Advanced Negotiations and all that. Kind of why I got into the auction business.

In my line of work I get the opportunity to negotiate some pretty large deals from time to time, and that's always fun. We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!

Elephant Hunting

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!
I like where this going.!

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm
by akorcovelos
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 am
by AsLan7
akorcovelos wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm
Jwill wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:41 pm Looks like a very solid boat!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Cobalt-25 ... SwG4pc3bx8
.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg
.
Hey you’re two peas in the same pod Akor. :D

IMHO, I’m not a fan of highlighting a Fire extinguisher front and center. (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder). I prefer the engine to take center stage....especially your soon to be Whippled beast. :mrgreen:

More importantly though, I normally see Fireboy extinguishers mounted on the forward or aft bulkhead....and ironically even some of those (depending on the model) aren’t mounted correctly as they are supposed to be mounted vertically.

From the Fireboy installation manual....

“Cylinders should be handled with care, removed from their boxes, and mounted at once on the forward and aft bulkheads. Mount as high as possible in the protected area. Mount the cylinders in a vertical position only, do not tilt or mount horizontally!”

The legacy CG series are allowed to be mounted 90 degrees from vertical but still on either bulkhead....

”Mounting up to 90° from vertical is permissible
 Install on the forward or aft vertical bulkhead of the engine compartment as near
to the centerline of the vessel (keel) as possible.”


Current CG series went back to a vertical installation.

For more information click here.
.





.

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:20 am
by akorcovelos
Interesting as this is how the factory installed it. I’d rather it be on the forward bulkhead, figured it was mounted there to emulate sprinklers in a building and provide the most coverage.

Re: 2001 252 eBay 9k

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:56 am
by Ytmsn
AsLan7 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:32 am
akorcovelos wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:46 pm

.
How can you go wrong for that price. 8-)

....edit...SOLD already. :ugeek:

Interesting way to mount your fireboy...

.
What’s wrong with how it’s mounted?
D36FC35D-B9AD-4F39-845E-A1C12A3332D3.jpeg
.
Hey you’re two peas in the same pod Akor. :D

IMHO, I’m not a fan of highlighting a Fire extinguisher front and center. (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder). I prefer the engine to take center stage....especially your soon to be Whippled beast. :mrgreen:

More importantly though, I normally see Fireboy extinguishers mounted on the forward or aft bulkhead....and ironically even some of those (depending on the model) aren’t mounted correctly as they are supposed to be mounted vertically.

From the Fireboy installation manual....

“Cylinders should be handled with care, removed from their boxes, and mounted at once on the forward and aft bulkheads. Mount as high as possible in the protected area. Mount the cylinders in a vertical position only, do not tilt or mount horizontally!”

The legacy CG series are allowed to be mounted 90 degrees from vertical but still on either bulkhead....

”Mounting up to 90° from vertical is permissible
 Install on the forward or aft vertical bulkhead of the engine compartment as near
to the centerline of the vessel (keel) as possible.”


Current CG series went back to a vertical installation.

For more information click here.
.





.
Hmm. My son is a fire safety engineer. I'll get his take on it.
And I actually like seeing the blingbling bright red eye candy on the hatch! Just like the engine decal, green battery top and red battery connections, I loce the contrast against a black engine. So your Whack on this one A7! 😂

Re: Elephant Hunting

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:02 am
by Ytmsn
cmattj wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 pm We always refer it to shooting an antelope every week to feed the camp, but you try to shoot an elephant every couple years or so. I'm actually hunting an elephant right now!
I like where this going.!
Ha! Yeah, back in the day I was the lead auctioneer for a nationwide company and we chased big deals all the time. One of my biggest personal deals was selling three multistory office buildings in downtown Wichita Kansas at auction. The deal had hair all over it, but we got it shaved off and did very well! Lots of other stories too, selling hotels, shopping centers, Hurricane Katrina homes in New Orleans, etc. I have a video somewhere of the Katrina homes I'll try to find and post sometime. THAT was an interesting time period!

But not here... because
10nt15g.jpg
properly!