Page 1 of 1

R5 Premium sound question

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm
by DJBlaylock01
Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. I have a 2019 R5 that I negotiated the deal to upgrade to premium sound before I bought it from their lot. The did the upgrade and added JL transom speakers with remote at transom, also added sub-woofer. As soon as I got it I felt that it was poorly under powered for sound. After checking for the amp to check gain adjustment, all I have found is a JL Audio MX280/4. I am no audiohead by any means but this not what I expected to find in a premium sound package. I have not found the amp to the sub but I can tell you that there is no "bump" unless you crank up the volume. Can anyone that has the premium in 19 R5 share what you have driving your sound??

Re: R5 Premium sound question

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:11 pm
by NautiGirl
You are missing an amp or two. Here is an R5 /w Tower Speakers and a Sub that was at a local boat show. M800/8 for the cabin M400/4 for the towers and transom and I think it was an M200/2 bridged for the Sub but I could be wrong. I can't remember if this was premium sound or not.

Regardless No JL MX series Amp should be in a cobalt they are all M amps from the factory. So you should start asking questions.

20190124_180825.jpg

Re: R5 Premium sound question

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:23 pm
by Big Blue
I am having the same issue in my new 2018 R3. The only help from my dealer was to bring it in, frustrated.

Re: R5 Premium sound question

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:59 pm
by Big Block Power
This has also been posted before that some of the settings under the secured cover can get tweaked for better thump and sound. I didn't search for the thread yet but it's in here.