Page 1 of 2
2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 pm
by NautiGirl
Not mine - and don't know the seller or the boat - but it is in our backyard.
Buddy of mine stumbled upon this listing - too big for him, but it looks like a nice clean low hour 262 that ticks a lot of boxes. 496 Mag and a platform.
https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 20778.html
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm
by cmattj
Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm
by akorcovelos
cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm
Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
I guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?

Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pm
by Ytmsn
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm
Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
I guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?
Ding the peas? Only with 240 fire breathing ponies. Sorry, but it's too good to let go. Innerweb weirdness I guess
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 pm
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pm
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:17 pm
Nice to see that in 2005 someone said “ I’d like to get the 425hp Upgrade please”
Ahhhh definitely DP worthy
I guess D'ing the P's is a thing now?
Ding the peas? Only with 240 fire breathing ponies. Sorry, but it's too good to let go. Innerweb weirdness I guess
Yeah sometimes you get handed a gift that requires enjoyment . I’m sure it will run it’s course.. or stick around for those special times! Lol.
.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 pm
by AsLan7
.
Matt, you crack me up brutha. Great episode.
As far as that 262 goes, at a cursory glance, I see....
the good - 425 hp w/ possible CC plus the extra extended swim platform....
the bad - some ripped vinyl which can be difficult to replace; no rear filler cushions; no transom trim remote.
the ugly- who did those transom speakers.

.
.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
by Dropped Anchor
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pm
by tgrace98
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 pm
by NautiGirl
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
Beat me to it. I love our side pass through, but it does mean the majority of the passengers and weight are on the starboard side with only the driver to balance it out, not a huge deal but noticeable.
Side pass through is super nice when docked or tied up next to another boat though, I wouldnt switch to center, and actually the side pass through is once of the reasons we went 222 over 220. Oh and the 6.2L V8. That too.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
by AsLan7
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.
...and no, we aren't into the
DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:30 pm
by Dropped Anchor
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
That makes sense! I was mainly thinking about docking and loading and unloading so that is why I felt it would be awkward and lead to everyone just stepping on the seats vs using the walk through. But after you explained it, that makes sense.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:32 pm
by Dropped Anchor
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.
...and no, we aren't into the
DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
Awesome pic and beautiful boat!
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:34 pm
by AsLan7
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:32 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
.
It works very well for us DA as I've had up to 14 on our boat. At times I will close the walk thru off with the rear filler cushions to accommodate larger groups. It's one of the reasons we never bought a newer model since Cobalt went to side entry and also eliminated some of the storage and/or seating in the bow with their newer configurations.
And as team Nauti mentioned, the load is balanced nicely with horseshoe seating....especially with quite a few folks on board.
...and no, we aren't into the
DP thing while boating....unless you mean diving people.
.
Awesome pic and beautiful boat!
.
thanx brutha. And here is one of my faves from last year....
.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:47 pm
by tgrace98
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:30 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 pm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 pm
The center transom entry makes zero sense to me and I see Regal still does it, a lot.
It makes sense on larger boats because it gets people to spread out. If everyone sits on one side of the boat the boat will lean one way or another. Trim tabs fix this dilemma but nice to not use them if you don’t have to.
That being said a lot of builders did it as well because you are stepping over the motor instead of stealing motor compartment space.
That makes sense! I was mainly thinking about docking and loading and unloading so that is why I felt it would be awkward and lead to everyone just stepping on the seats vs using the walk through. But after you explained it, that makes sense.
Yep that is the one down side. When I had a 262 it had the center walk through. And with my slip being 12ft wide it was a bit of a step with the boat still on the lift. So people wouldn’t board via the swim platform. They would step on the rear sun pad and eventually it started cracking.
My R7 has the starboard side entry like all new cobalts. I no longer have people stepping on the seats when entering the boat. But I now find myself playing with the trim tabs a little more than I did on my 262. Due to the uneven weight.
Re: 2005 262
Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 pm
by cmattj
Tgrace.. who are these people that used your sun pads as entry?? We will need to visit their boats.... with shoes.... and fancy box wine that drips.!!
Freeboard and engine height will always dictate Boat entry. I like them all as climbing pads and stepping on seats is what I did on my past Boats.
And here we are now..