Page 1 of 3
Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm
by AsLan7
.
For those interested in linking up their year 2003 and later Mercury marine engine with a Merc smart phone app (free download) via bluetooth, Mercury Marine is discounting the VesselView module for a limited time.
Normally $275, the plug & play module is being sold on the
Mercury Marine website for $149.99 with free shipping. I paid $158.99 out the door which included the $9.00 sales tax for Pennsylvania.
Hurry though, the promotion ends after March 31st, 2019.
One module covers many engines.
I spoke with both a customer service rep and a marine tech regarding the 8.1L/496 cubic inch Mercs since compatibility was not listed on the Merc site for this particular engine. Fear not, just an oversight. It will work just fine if you have this powerplant.
Here's the link.....
Merc Vessel View Promo
A big shout

out to Samuri33 for making me aware of this promo today. I immediately ordered one (as did he) for our 260 series.
.
MercPromo.jpg
.
MERCURY MARINE
Global Headquarters
W6250 Pioneer Road
P.O.Box 1939
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1939
For questions regarding your
Mercury engine, please call
920-929-5040.
.
.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm
by cmattj
That is an awesome Deal, and what fun to take advantage of the latest technology! (which brings me to this...)
Dear Volvo,
How are you? ... Question for you..... Where are all your cool gizmos for us Volvo folk of that Era???
.
Sorry had to vent.. Miss my Mercs
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:36 am
by MnLakeBum
Thanks Samuri33 and AsLan7! I ordered mine for my Verado 350 today.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:19 pm
by ajcampen
cmattj wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm
That is an awesome Deal, and what fun to take advantage of the latest technology! (which brings me to this...)
Dear Volvo,
How are you? ... Question for you..... Where are all your cool gizmos for us Volvo folk of that Era???
.
Sorry had to vent.. Miss my Mercs
Cmatt, here you go
https://www.volvopenta.com/marineleisur ... nnect.html
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm
by ajcampen
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm
.
For those interested in linking up their year 2003 and later Mercury marine engine with a Merc smart phone app (free download) via bluetooth, Mercury Marine is discounting the VesselView module for a limited time.
Normally $275, the plug & play module is being sold on the
Mercury Marine website for $149.99 with free shipping. I paid $158.99 out the door which included the $9.00 sales tax for Pennsylvania.
old news
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2356
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm
by AsLan7
ajcampen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm
.
For those interested in linking up their year 2003 and later Mercury marine engine with a Merc smart phone app (free download) via bluetooth, Mercury Marine is discounting the VesselView module for a limited time.
Normally $275, the plug & play module is being sold on the
Mercury Marine website for $149.99 with free shipping. I paid $158.99 out the door which included the $9.00 sales tax for Pennsylvania.
old news
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2356
Ha
That’s funny.
A “sale” every month AJC. Gotta love Merc marketing.
Actually the new news for me was the 496 engine application being confirmed by Samuri33. The 496/8.1L is not shown on the site as compatible. When he texted me that he confirmed it was after his discussion with the Merc techs, I jumped on it.
.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:13 pm
by ajcampen
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm
ajcampen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:00 pm
.
For those interested in linking up their year 2003 and later Mercury marine engine with a Merc smart phone app (free download) via bluetooth, Mercury Marine is discounting the VesselView module for a limited time.
Normally $275, the plug & play module is being sold on the
Mercury Marine website for $149.99 with free shipping. I paid $158.99 out the door which included the $9.00 sales tax for Pennsylvania.
old news
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2356
Ha
That’s funny.
A “sale” every month AJC. Gotta love Merc marketing.
Actually the new news for me was the 496 engine application being confirmed by Samuri33. The 496/8.1L is not shown on the site as compatible. When he texted me that he confirmed it was after his discussion with the Merc techs, I jumped on it.
.
glad you did too. i'll let you know how my install goes in the spring when I get boat out of storage.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:43 pm
by AsLan7
ajcampen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:13 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:05 pm
Ha
That’s funny.
A “sale” every month AJC. Gotta love Merc marketing.
Actually the new news for me was the 496 engine application being confirmed by Samuri33. The 496/8.1L is not shown on the site as compatible. When he texted me that he confirmed it was after his discussion with the Merc techs, I jumped on it.
.
glad you did too. i'll let you know how my install goes in the spring when I get boat out of storage.
Roger that. I look forward to your findings my friend.

I’ve downloaded the app but will not be able to “test” until May.
.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm
by cmattj
ajcampen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:19 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm
That is an awesome Deal, and what fun to take advantage of the latest technology! (which brings me to this...)
Dear Volvo,
How are you? ... Question for you..... Where are all your cool gizmos for us Volvo folk of that Era???
.
Sorry had to vent.. Miss my Mercs
Cmatt, here you go
https://www.volvopenta.com/marineleisur ... nnect.html
Thanks AJ.. Ive seen that it.. unfortunately it doesn’t support the 8.1 D series that I have. It would be slick right!
BB, myself , and others have Mefi software on our laptops to regularly check settings. And cross your fingers nothings weird every time

.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:35 pm
by Big Block Power
If fox marine gets his stuff working on android I'll add that. Then I can see everything live on my phone.
http://fox-marine.com/index.php?route=common/home
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 pm
by AsLan7
.
Look what was waiting for me when I got home today.....
.
a.jpg
.
Although it's almost a tease since I can't do anything with it until our 263 comes out of hibernation in another month.
.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 am
by Big Block Power
Can't wait to see how she works and looks.
I'm sure Volvo is working on something like that right now for us poor Volvo souls


Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:38 am
by AsLan7
.
Hey.... Mercury must think I have twins! Another VesselView showed up today.
They only charged me for one. When I called them they said the computer system has been accidentally doing that lately.
Honest mistake on their part which they are trying to fix. Asked them for a return label so I could send it back.
Love Mercury products!
.
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
by NautiGirl
I have zero actual need for this - but I want it.
Quick guys help me spend money. There has to be some justification for this purchase I am not thinking of? Ability to yell fuel burn rates to Katie while she is happily cursing around wide open may be enough?
Re: Mercury Marine 2019 VesselView Promotion
Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 am
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:16 am
I have zero actual need for this - but I want it.
Quick guys help me spend money. There has to be some justification for this purchase I am not thinking of? Ability to yell fuel burn rates to Katie while she is happily cursing around wide open may be enough?
It will tell you how many hours Katie is holding it wide open to catch me


Plus it will tell you how many db's your stereo is putting out. Jeff being a IT guy you have to have the app is cool. You don't even have to plug in the other stuff. That's just a bonus!!