Page 1 of 1

Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 pm
by Lbjpryan
Need some help finding a replacement vent for my 2009 242 Bowrider. I have asked my local dealer to reach out to Cobalt directly with no success. Mfg claims none exist in their inventory. Vent is similar to the avatar for this cat room. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:35 am
by AsLan7
Lbjpryan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:05 pm Need some help finding a replacement vent for my 2009 242 Bowrider. I have asked my local dealer to reach out to Cobalt directly with no success. Mfg claims none exist in their inventory. Vent is similar to the avatar for this cat room. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
.
Hey Lbjpryan, welcome to the Cobalt Chat forum (or should I say Cat room) ;) . So glad you found us my friend.

Yes, it is difficult to find anything over the seven year OEM date mark from Cobalt since they normally discontinue stocking at that point. BigBlockPower on the forum has some leads on hard to find parts and may be able to help you with that. He'll chime in shortly.

Any pics of your 242? We love them here. Feel free to start an intro thread if you have the time. How did you get into Cobalt boats?

Again, welcome aboard mate!
.

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 am
by cmattj
Welcome. If you have the MFG catalog part number that’s your start. Unlike automotive dealers who can do data base search in every US Dealer...,Cobalt does not. So you’ll be busy calling every Authorized Cobalt parts department to see if this is collecting dust on there shelf.
Here’s a link to Great Lakes skipper. May give them a call.


.https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/catal ... /?q=Cobalt+
.

Now go introduce yourself in the new members section and give us some Pics along with pics of your search item.

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm
by Big Block Power
I wonder if the 263 is the same give the unicorn man a call.
Might want to pm jcramer on here I think it is.
I have no idea which side you need. This is the same one on the cat picture.
Also I knew I saw one somewhere.

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:31 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 pm I wonder if the 263 is the same give the unicorn man a call.
Might want to pm jcramer on here I think it is.
I have no idea which side you need. This is the same one on the cat picture.
Also I knew I saw one somewhere.
Gee. The same part the OP is looking for?

Scandalous I say

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:49 pm
by Big Block Power
Ok my bad I didn't read the title. Starboard side. Heck I almost thought of making one out of starboard.

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:13 pm
by Lbjpryan
Thanks Big Block....at least its a head start on what to call it. Thank You!!

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 pm
by Big Block Power
Yep will that one on ebay work?

Re: Looking for an 2009 242 starboard vent

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 pm
by Lbjpryan
I think it might...I’ve asked the seller a few questions. My boat is in winter storage so I cant get exact measurements....but think it might work.