Page 1 of 9
New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:44 pm
by Jeeper
Driving over red rocks in a Jeep is what I do when it’s too cold to boat around them.
I currently have a 2001 190 5.0 Volvo Penta that I’ve had since 2006. Before that I had a Chaparral 198 for a few years. Finally I ordered a R5 Surf that is probably being built now. My teenage daughter went wake surfing with friends last summer and has trying to convince me that I needed a Surf boat.
Having Cobalt quality all those years I didn’t even look at any other brands. I hope the new one will be as trouble free as the last one. I’m getting excited to see if even though it will be a few months before it’s warm enough to use it. Until then I guess I continue rock climbing in the Jeep.
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 pm
by Big Block Power
Very sweet. Congrats. Can you say ballast tanks and surf tabs!!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 pm
by AsLan7
That’s a great intro jeeper. Thank you!
You’re going to make some wonderful memories wake surfing for years to come.



Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:10 pm
by cmattj
Jeeper. A formal welcome from California.. I see your awaiting your new R5 and I like that it’s the classic boot stripe ( like your 190 ).
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on her. Keep us posted... seasons coming!!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:43 am
by akorcovelos
I approve this thread. Welcome aboard from Illinois!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am
by MnLakeBum
Welcome! As a proud owner of a 2018 R5 Surf and a father to a couple teenagers, I can say that you and your teenage daughter will LOVE your new Cobalt!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:37 am
by Ytmsn
I like this guy! Now all you need is a motorcycle and a firearm or three and the package is complete.
Welcome again Jeeper! Glad to have you here.
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:49 am
by Callen841
Welcome from Indianapolis, IN. As a father of four myself, your kids will really have a blast with this. That's what it's all about!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:33 pm
by Jeeper
Ytmsn wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:37 am
I like this guy! Now all you need is a motorcycle and a firearm or three and the package is complete.
Welcome again Jeeper! Glad to have you here.
The motorcycle had to go before I could talk the wife in to the Jeep. To many broken bones on the bike. I might have just a few firearms.
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pm
by Driller
Welcome aboard from Austin, TX. Great looking boat (Both of them).
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:54 pm
by Jeeper
My new R5 supposed to have been shipped last Friday. Hopefully I will be seeing it this week.

Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm
by Big Block Power
Jeeper wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:54 pm
My new R5 supposed to have been shipped last Friday. Hopefully I will be seeing it this week.
Didn't we see it at the tour. Congrats!
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:54 am
by Jeeper
Made it to the dealer today, hopefully the trailer will get here soon.
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:20 pm
by tgrace98
Nice! congrats! when do you plan on getting it in the water? I'm hoping to put mine in the water in about a month.
Re: New Utah Member
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:23 pm
by Jeeper
I’m also hoping in a month, if I go 300 miles south it should be warm enough.