Page 1 of 12

New A series

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:31 pm
by Tuscany
Interesting..
Looks like a completely new and redesigned A series to replace the old A28 may be revealed at the Miami Boat Show.
I guess we will stay tuned.

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 pm
by cmattj
Should be awesome 😎

Re: New A series

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm
by Table Rockin
Where did you see this?

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 am
by Tuscany
A dealer in NY spilled the beans.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:24 am
by Ytmsn
Was that not the new A we saw at the factory? Remember there was a low bow that our group got to climb on and look around, and a high bow right behind it. Katie took a picture of Liquid sitting in the low bow.

The low bow still has a little cubby area across from the head, and a place to lay down way up in there, although it wouldn't be very comfortable for a claustrophobic person.

The high bow has a very shallow deck up on top, like 12" with a rail around it. But underneath it had more room and a real cubby. The high bow hull was sitting directly behind the one we climbed on because they hadn't installed the deck yet, but the deck was right behind it. It looks like a pretty cool design. You can still go up on the bow with steps just ahead of the cubby door (on the right in front of the helm) but there are no seats up there. It's more of a sundeck area.
20181214_114604.jpg
I though I had a picture of the high bow deck but only got a shot of the hull. See the carpet installed on the right and in the bow? And there is a wall in front to separate you from the windless.
20181214_114908.jpg
Did anyone else get a picture of the high bow A deck?

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am
by Tuscany
Not sure YT. I just heard it would be a direct replacement for the A28 which would make it something we didn’t see.... unless someone mistakenly left a drawing of it laying around..🤔🤔
We’re going to find out shortly.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:22 am
by Table Rockin
Your going to this boat show tusc? If so pics pics and more pics please 😉

Ill be at STL show next weekend but im sure this new bad boy wont be there

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 am
by Tuscany
I wish, but we have to come back before the show starts. 😡🤬

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am
by liquid
Tuscany wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am Not sure YT. I just heard it would be a direct replacement for the A28 which would make it something we didn’t see.... unless someone mistakenly left a drawing of it laying around..🤔🤔
We’re going to find out shortly.
HAHA!

I don't think it's anything we've seen yet. Looking forward to it moving from "Grampa" status to more "mid-life crisis" personally.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:36 pm
by sailor55330
No A series representation at the Minneapolis show at all. Not even an image. Just an R30 for the big boat that I swear was there last year—same boat

I wonder if the new A series has the same draft as the old. I remember the dealer telling me the R drew less than the A which was important as some of the channels where I boat are 2-3 ft at the most

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:03 pm
by Tuscany
liquid wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am
Tuscany wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am Not sure YT. I just heard it would be a direct replacement for the A28 which would make it something we didn’t see.... unless someone mistakenly left a drawing of it laying around..🤔🤔
We’re going to find out shortly.
HAHA!

I don't think it's anything we've seen yet. Looking forward to it moving from "Grampa" status to more "mid-life crisis" personally.
HAHA, 🤭🤭🤭
The bat wings..🤮🤣
Obviously, someone at ne-ODA-Shay got the GP memo long before we discussed it.

Having said that, a modern twist may be very cool. They would have to adopt the interior space reclamation, a better interior vinyl and a swoopier more modern look, right Matt?
2 engines may send me right into a tizzy..

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:15 pm
by Table Rockin
Tuscany wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:03 pm
liquid wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am
Tuscany wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:30 am Not sure YT. I just heard it would be a direct replacement for the A28 which would make it something we didn’t see.... unless someone mistakenly left a drawing of it laying around..🤔🤔
We’re going to find out shortly.
HAHA!

I don't think it's anything we've seen yet. Looking forward to it moving from "Grampa" status to more "mid-life crisis" personally.

2 engines may send me right into a tizzy..
That would be awesome and it needs to happen. And I'll say it again and again....and again :lol: IMO the A28 stands as the best looking BR boat under 30' in the history of the planet. I'm actually more concerned they are going to F'Up a good thing.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:13 pm
by Big Block Power
Yt this is what I have.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:14 pm
by Big Block Power
More.

Re: New A series

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:40 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:14 pmMore.
Yep. I’m absolutely positive almost but not quite sure that’s the one👍🏼

Geeze BB your a handsome man with Saftey glasses.. keep that look!

Like T and liquid pointed too...Less grandpa.. swoopy interior . I’m looking forward to a crisis.

Actually I’m hoping Cobalt offers a Hideaway Bimini like Chris Craft does. Top when you want it. Sport boat when you don’t.