Page 1 of 4
Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 am
by Homeskillet
We got into our first Cobalt last Spring (2005 Cobalt 220 with 6.2L Mercruiser and Bravo III/dual prop) and love it! I am now in search of a stowable cockpit table to use somewhere between the back bench seat, and the bucket seats. Any suggestions from you fine people ? Thanks !!
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 am
by ajcampen
take a look at this mfg. this is the mount that cobalt uses
https://www.boatid.com/garelick/side-mo ... gKz8vD_BwE
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:28 am
by Homeskillet
Thanks for the suggestion, ajcampen. I like that set up (my wife doesn't though). She thinks it would be more cramped in that area because the table is pretty tight to there. I suspect it would work well. I was thinking I could put it below the hatch handle, in the middle of the back bench seat.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm
by ajcampen
only other way to do it would be to put a mount on the floor. Garelick and other mfg have them. jcramer might be able to sell you a used set from the boat he is parting out. I don't think a new one is very expensive. But the one i showed you is what Cobalt puts in the boats currently.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:02 pm
by Big Block Power
Ok Cobalt mounts there's a bit more to the center of the boat then I did. I hated it there because it gets in the way of the walk through. Garelick and Taco Marine are about your only good choices. Yes Garelick and Taco is what Cobalt uses. Here's a picture of my 220 and I'll see if I post my 200 same thing diff mount you will never find. If you do I have the pole. Top picture with all of the cheetos on it is the 200.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm
by Homeskillet
Great to see pix! Really appreciate them!! So with it in the middle, the pass-thru is useless (that's why you put it to the side, right?).
We are not huge swimmers, and the kids are older and don't come with us as much. I'm guessing the middle would work for us.
Really, really appreciate the pix, Big Block!!
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:37 pm
by Big Block Power
I'm here to help. Sometimes!! The rest of the time I really have nothing better to do. Lol
Yes we have 10 people in our boat all the time and everyone is going in and out of the boat constantly. So I learned from the 200 not to put it in the middle. More advise. I have the Cobalt table. It's very heavy for a table. I personally would buy a cheaper plastic one that are used in a pontoon. If you need more help finding one let me know and Aj. Greatlakesskipper.Com may have some.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am
by Homeskillet
I had my propellers customized this winter. I'm anxious to see the difference! With my glass fishing boats, it was night and day better! Hoping for similar results
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:56 pm
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am
I had my propellers customized this winter. I'm anxious to see the difference! With my glass fishing boats, it was night and day better! Hoping for similar results
Ok you can't just say that without pictures or what you did. I changed to hill Marine 4x4 props it took me 2 years to get them right but still not over the top happy so I might bring them to blades and have them dial them in.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 am
by Homeskillet
I will snap photos of them later today (they're just sitting on my work bench in the garage right now). I've taken all my props to this guy over the last 10 years. He used to race boats. Seems like one time he told me that he used to work for Merc too (developing props).
I'll see if I can figure out how to posts pix on this site, and I'll get them up today. Might head to the Milwaukee Boat Show today
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:51 am
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:34 am
I will snap photos of them later today (they're just sitting on my work bench in the garage right now). I've taken all my props to this guy over the last 10 years. He used to race boats. Seems like one time he told me that he used to work for Merc too (developing props).
I'll see if I can figure out how to posts pix on this site, and I'll get them up today. Might head to the Milwaukee Boat Show today
Interesting. Where are you and where do you boat? That sounds like a bunch of guys here in Wisconsin. I forgot that boat show was going on. Prob most of the prop guys here started at merc at one time or another. Just click the add file tab and post the picture. Tip hold your camera/phone in Landscape mode or else your picture will get posted sideways or upside down.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:57 am
by Homeskillet
I just brought them in from the garage. We are sitting at -8゚ right now so I am going to let them warm up a bit lol! And there is still a little rubbing compound on them that I want to clean off before I snap pix. Thanks for the directions on how to post them.
We spend most of our time on Lake Geneva.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:57 am
I just brought them in from the garage. We are sitting at -8゚ right now so I am going to let them warm up a bit lol! And there is still a little rubbing compound on them that I want to clean off before I snap pix. Thanks for the directions on how to post them.
We spend most of our time on Lake Geneva.
Ok very cool. Say hi to the Gordys group at the show. They will have there red pants on can't miss them. Lol
I don't think the family will want to go out today and I didn't round up tickets from the dealers I know so staying home. My brother works at merc so he would have gotten tickets too.
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:35 am
by Homeskillet
I went to HS with one of the Whowells (owners). Actually worked there one year when they were rebuilding Chuck's (worked there for 25 years lol)
I will say hi to the Gordys folks for sure!
Re: Suggestions for Cockpit Table for Cobalt 220
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 am
by Big Block Power
Homeskillet wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:35 am
I went to HS with one of the Whowells (owners). Actually worked there one year when they were rebuilding Chuck's (worked there for 25 years lol)
I will say hi to the Gordys folks for sure!
Very cool. With Tom?