Page 1 of 2
2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am
by Rucky
Hi guys, I’ve just bought my 2005 Cobalt 200 with 4.3 Volvo engine and I want to put it like new but I’ve some doubts.
How can I switch the air/water temp from Farneitg to Celsius? Can you help me? Anyone have the manual from this instruments?
Thank you
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:48 am
by AsLan7
Rucky wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am
Hi guys, I’ve just bought my 2005 Cobalt 200 with 4.3 Volvo engine and I want to put it like new but I’ve some doubts.
How can I switch the air/water temp from Farneitg to Celsius? Can you help me? Anyone have the manual from this instruments?
Thank you
Hey Rucky. So glad you found us. Welcome to the CChat forum.
Did you try holding the switch in either the up or down position and then select either F or C? I have the Faria digital depth sounder manual. I'll try to locate the air/water temp one.
Btw, any pics of your 200? We love them here. How did you get interested in Cobalt boats?
.....and again, welcome aboard mate!
.
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:01 am
by Bfun220
Rucky wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am
Hi guys, I’ve just bought my 2005 Cobalt 200 with 4.3 Volvo engine and I want to put it like new but I’ve some doubts.
How can I switch the air/water temp from Farneitg to Celsius? Can you help me? Anyone have the manual from this instruments?
Thank you
Push the switch down to select the display you want to change. Then push it up to set.
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:07 am
by Big Block Power
Welcome. Where do you boat?
Please go to the new member section and introduce yourself and the boat. I had a 2004 200. Great boat had the 350 mag in it though. I couldn't imagine the 4.3 in that boat. How's it working for you. So I think you have to get to the Un on the guage to switch it. Like bfun said then push it up to select it. It will take you a few tries. This isn't the exact model. I knew A7 had the manual. I did too but I lost a bunch switching phones and the free cloud went away. Thanks Verizon

Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:46 am
by Rucky
Hi Guys, I have the boat in Portugal, during the summer in Arrabida, Setúbal and the rest months in Castelo Bode lake. I’ll put some pictures for you. But about the gauge, it only has a switch that can be up or down...
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 am
by Rucky
5426155C-120F-4685-9E6E-792FEE951DA6.jpeg
image.jpg
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 am
by Big Block Power
Correct we are all on the same page. Go through the depth finder click the switch to the units Un and see if it switches from F-C I've never tried. It may not be able to switch? I'll play with mine if you can't get it.
Welcome aboard. If I knew it was red I might not have asked for pictures. Darn Nauti's get another one.

Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:25 pm
by Rucky
Hi, about the red one, it was the one Available to sell.
In the depth gauge, we can go to units and choose M-F-Ft but won’t change the temp from F to C

Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 pm
by Big Block Power
You might be stuck with F.
32f is 0c
And you don't want to jump in. Lol
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 pm
by Rucky
Yes, for now, we have 85 Air and 75 Water and it’s good

but I’d like to have this in Celcius because it’s easier to us to now if I can jump in the water

Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:50 pm
by Big Block Power
Rucky wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 pm
Yes, for now, we have 85 Air and 75 Water and it’s good

but I’d like to have this in Celcius because it’s easier to us to now if I can jump in the water
Your temps are exactly what ours is here today. Water temp gets much cooler then that's too cold for us also..
How's that engine pushing that boat?
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:41 am
by Rucky
Hi, this engine is good, but I have the boat in 2 days and didn’t push hard for it yet.
About this gauge, no one has the manual? I think it’s possible to change but I’ve tried everything

Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:41 am
by Big Block Power
Yea I know I have it somewhere and A7 has it. And it's posted here in a thread. I'll search for it. I'll go garage boating and see if I can change mine. Max is sick today so it looks like the boat is staying in the garage now. I don't think it changes from F- C?
Go to this thread also.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=529&hilit=Faria&start=15
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 am
by Big Block Power
Here is a link to faria manuals. Ours is the iso141 it didn't show anything on switching from F-C
I went through the rest of the manuals and the newer ones can switch. It will say eruo. I know mine does not have that choice.
Re: 2005 Cobalt 200 - Air/Water Temp
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 am
by Ytmsn
Hmm? I was thinking mine will switch to C but I'd have to look, and the boat is already tucked away for the week.