New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome from St. Louis/Table Rock lake. Nice pick up! now lets see some pictures of it!
2019 Cobalt R7 VP 6.2 380hp
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
“Smooth Operator”
Lake St. Louis, MO
Table Rock Lake
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome from Oklahoma! Congratulations on your 252 and welcome to our mostly functional Cobalt innerweb family. Thunder in AZ has a mid nineties 252 that is the bomb and I'm sure he'll be willing to geek out with you. He has a big thread in older boats on his restoration.
And yes, we need pictures, or this intro self-degenerates quickly and gets severely derailed.
And yes, we need pictures, or this intro self-degenerates quickly and gets severely derailed.
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
- AsLan7
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 11526
- Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am
- Location: Erie PA
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 6 times
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Hey, so glad you found us, brownsugar.
Can’t wait to see pictures.
Welcome aboard mate!
.
Can’t wait to see pictures.
Welcome aboard mate!
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2002 Cobalt 262
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
&
2005 Cobalt 263
496 MagHO
(sold )
Erie, PA
Currently boatless (for now)
will fly for food
(CChat moderator)
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome from California!
Sharp looking!! Trailer bunk wheels are something to get used to but I’m sure you’ve been schooled on launching her.
Wouldn’t happen to be a 502?? I see black. Look forward to hearing about your new endeavors and as Ytmsn said , you’ve got great company here.
Sharp looking!! Trailer bunk wheels are something to get used to but I’m sure you’ve been schooled on launching her.
Wouldn’t happen to be a 502?? I see black. Look forward to hearing about your new endeavors and as Ytmsn said , you’ve got great company here.
Last edited by cmattj on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 272 , 496 HO fo SHO
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
California Delta
Table Rock Lake
#FARCON
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome!
Where in Southern Illinois? I grew up there....just curious.
Where in Southern Illinois? I grew up there....just curious.
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome from Texas BS. Glad to have you onboard. Looks like that boat is in great shape for a '95.
2011 242 Volvo Penta 8.1 Gi
"DIGGIN' IT"
"DIGGIN' IT"
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Welcome from Indianapolis,IN. This is a great group you've found and looks like you've got a great boat!
2018 cs22 merc 300 dts
Indianapolis, IN
Indianapolis, IN
-
Islander208
- Commander

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:40 pm
- Location: San Antonio
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Brownsuger wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:38 pm Here's a few pics... Not crazy about the green, deciding on if I want to change it to dark blue or black with vinyl.
Another welcome from Texas. I really like the color; but to be fair, I am a little partial to green.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2004 220
6.2 MPI B3
Yellow/Blk/Wht
San Antonio; Medina/Canyon Lakes
6.2 MPI B3
Yellow/Blk/Wht
San Antonio; Medina/Canyon Lakes
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Bless you.Brownsuger wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm
A little town about 25 miles east of St. Louis called Mascoutah....
BS
That was great. For Some reason we abbreviate everyone's names here. I'm sure this will stick. I'm sure some of are full of our share of BS
Welcome from above you. WI.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Congrats!! I love the green! I wasn't crazy about my teal when I first got it but it sure looks sharp and unique all shined up. I say give it some time and see if it grows on you.
I've pretty well been through my boat and trailer top to bottom, if there's anything I can help with as you get into yours let me know.
Welcome to the family!
I've pretty well been through my boat and trailer top to bottom, if there's anything I can help with as you get into yours let me know.
Welcome to the family!
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
That was just the first daythunder550 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 pm
I've pretty well been through my boat and trailer top to bottom.
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
BS dont get down on yourself, Thunder does that to all of us. HE'S the one that's not normal here. He's part animal, part machine, part engineer, part mechanic and a freak of nature.
I bet everything on his desk is perfectly aligned and in place, and I would take great pleasure in coming in his office at least once everyday and moving something or everything just to creep him out!
I bet everything on his desk is perfectly aligned and in place, and I would take great pleasure in coming in his office at least once everyday and moving something or everything just to creep him out!
2001 262 502 GXI (because it sounds better than an 8.2)
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
From the Land of the Red Man
"Black Boats Matter"
#FARCON Marine / CC Core!
-
sailor55330
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:37 pm
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Been there—grew up between Marion and CarbondaleBrownsuger wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:55 pm I wish it had a 502.... Lol.... Just a 454
A little town about 25 miles east of St. Louis called Mascoutah.... Born and raised there, prolly die there
- thunder550
- Vice Admiral

- Posts: 2246
- Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:50 pm BS dont get down on yourself, Thunder does that to all of us. HE'S the one that's not normal here. He's part animal, part machine, part engineer, part mechanic and a freak of nature.
I bet everything on his desk is perfectly aligned and in place, and I would take great pleasure in coming in his office at least once everyday and moving something or everything just to creep him out!![]()
Move anything you want, as long as it's not one of my 3 screens! When those get uneven I lose my sh*t
BS, you're good bud! I've had a year to get into mine.
1995 Cobalt 252 - 502 Mag EFI - Bravo 1 - 21" Revolution 4
- Big Block Power
- Fleet Admiral

- Posts: 17930
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 8:05 pm
- Location: Neenah,Wi
- Contact:
Re: New member, Southern Illinois '95 252
Notes takinthunder550 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 pmYtmsn wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:50 pm BS dont get down on yourself, Thunder does that to all of us. HE'S the one that's not normal here. He's part animal, part machine, part engineer, part mechanic and a freak of nature.
I bet everything on his desk is perfectly aligned and in place, and I would take great pleasure in coming in his office at least once everyday and moving something or everything just to creep him out!![]()
![]()
![]()
Move anything you want, as long as it's not one of my 3 screens! When those get uneven I lose my sh*t![]()
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests
