Page 1 of 1
Ski Pylon
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:22 pm
by boatdoc40
I have a 292 with twin 350s, and I'm looking for a place to mount a ski pylon. Too low and the rope is the water jerking the rider around, but none of the high places near the stern seem very well reinforced for the stress of slalom skiing. I'm thinking of bonding some strong material just being the rear seat. Anyone tried that?
Re: Ski Pylon
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:52 pm
by Big Block Power
Your boat should have a pretty small wake. Just add a tower!
Re: Ski Pylon
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 pm
by MikeBo
Hey a fellow 292 owner, I am at Tablerock. I don’t think there is a suitable spot...just my opinion
Re: Ski Pylon
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:56 am
by Ytmsn
Cobalt used a stainless steel plate on the transom for the pylon. If reinforcement is not already there I don't think I would try to make something work just for fear of the fiberglass and gelcoat cracking. A tower may be your best bet.