Page 1 of 1

Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:20 am
by Alextang
Hi all, my name is Alex and I am new to the forum and ready to buy the new boat. I will go fishing with my two kids and have decided for something between 24 to 26ft. I am wondering whether I should buy something with twin engines or single engines. Contender and Regulator are two of my favorite brands, hence, can you help me recommend some models?

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:55 am
by Big Block Power
Donzi and Cigarette and Nor-Tech are my favorite center consoles. I would run quad Seven Marines.
Bayliner comes to mind also.
Welcome from Wisconsin.

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 am
by cmattj
Welcome from California
Bass pro shops has Tracker and Crestliner . Tracker bass buggy. Just because I like saying it. In red of course.

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 am
by Tuscany
Welcome..
I would suggest that you ask these questions on a site that concentrates more on CC and salt boats. Personally, I couldn't tell you a single difference about those two makes, except there is a Regulator dealer down the road from our place in Florida, and I drool over the quad powered 40'er they have on display.
Try www.thehulltruth.com

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 am
by AsLan7
Tuscany wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 am Welcome..
I would suggest that you ask these questions on a site that concentrates more on CC and salt boats. Personally, I couldn't tell you a single difference about those two makes, except there is a Regulator dealer down the road from our place in Florida, and I drool over the quad powered 40'er they have on display.
Try www.thehulltruth.com
+1

Cobalt is not really known as a fishing platform. You can certainly fish from them but there are much better options. As T said, try the Hull truth site. It's an excellent resource.

We love having you as a CChat member though!

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:45 am
by NautiGirl
Oh dear not a "let's fish from our cobalt thread" again.... We all agreed to disagree lol

Re: Thanks for having me!

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm
by liquid
Where in Jersey are you from? If I had my druthers in Salt I'm going https://www.seaveeboats.com/