Page 1 of 2

Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:15 pm
by TinCupp
New Cobalt owner here, thanks to the forum and help from quite a few members in helping me look and find the right boat.

I’ve been holding on the intro to avoid a jinx. My 226 just arrived from Texas so I think I’m safe now:-) It is going into Lake Minnetonka in the am after some cleanup from the 1,000 mi tow.

I bought the boat sight unseen - only photos. So, I have been a bit nervous to see it in person but at 81 hours, I was happy to find it. An honest dealer put me at ease but I can say I’m quite pleased with the boat.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 pm
by Big Block Power
Congrats and glad she made it to a new caring home. Was it a uship shipper?
Is it what you expected or better or worse. Pictures compared to boat.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 pm
by NautiGirl
Congrats and welcome from KY! Enjoy the weekend with that new ride!

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 pm
by AsLan7
Just in time for the big weekend tincupp. And one of my favorite classic color schemes. Nice.

Thanks for the pic too! Hopefully more will follow with her on the water. 👌🏼

.

.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 am
by TinCupp
Big Block Power wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:22 pm Congrats and glad she made it to a new caring home. Was it a uship shipper?
Is it what you expected or better or worse. Pictures compared to boat.
So, I got anxious and cleaned it up quick and put it in last night.

Thanks Big Block. I wouldn’t have bought this one without your help. Yes - UShip was used. I’m really happy with the hauler that I worked with. He was out of Dallas but covers the whole US if anyone ever needs connected with him for dealings w/our the UShip fees then feel free to ping me.

It’s definitely what I expected. It’s not perfect but I didn’t expect it to be. At 81 hours though, it’s pretty tip top for a 2004. Plenty good for me and the fam. And then there is the 496. This one was unexpected. I figured 60mph would be about where it would top out. It quickly planes compared to what I expected then gets to 65 QUICK. It was a little rough last night and it had a little left so I think it will get 70 pretty easy.

My only gripe, I bought it with covers (bow + mooring) but they didn’t show up with it. The dealer was awesome to work with so I’m sure they’ll take care of me there.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:50 am
by cmattj
Good to hear Tin. Nice to see some one got that one . And im sure you'll have fun being the Fastest bow rider on your lake . (not that thats important :D :D )

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:50 am
by Table Rockin
Wow....70? Thats fast! Congrats!

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 am
by Big Block Power
Yes they have them or the shipper has them in the truck. Yea the 226 is one of the fastest hulls Cobalt made. I figured 67 gps so if you don't have a GPS app on your phone download one and lets see what she has in her. Good find.
It was fun spendng your money.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:42 pm
by Driller
Great boat. High 60s is really fast. Mine only does high 50s and that’s enough for me.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am
by tgrace98
wow nice find! I couldn't imagine doing almost 70 in a bow rider. I thought my old jetski that could do 70 was impressive. But I think this one takes the cake.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
by TinCupp
tgrace98 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am wow nice find! I couldn't imagine doing almost 70 in a bow rider. I thought my old jetski that could do 70 was impressive. But I think this one takes the cake.
It’s a Cobalt though. Rides like a Cadillac. Smooth water this am, so I gave it a go.
https://vimeo.com/272208039

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:10 am
by Big Block Power
4800 rpms you still have more in the tank. Lol get a gps on that. Its moving. Sounds sweet.

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 am
by jhnmdahl
Nice find, Tincup. You may already know this, but Lake Minnetonka has a 40mph speed limit on the whole lake, and the Hennepin County Sheriff's department in particular likes to enforce it, so keep an eye out. Looks like a perfect weekend to be out in your new boat!

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:51 am
by tgrace98
TinCupp wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 am
tgrace98 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 am wow nice find! I couldn't imagine doing almost 70 in a bow rider. I thought my old jetski that could do 70 was impressive. But I think this one takes the cake.
It’s a Cobalt though. Rides like a Cadillac. Smooth water this am, so I gave it a go.
https://vimeo.com/272208039
Smooth as silk and pulls hard man! I’m jealous. I thought I was cruising because my 262 will do low to mid 50s lol

Re: Hello from Minnesota - 2004 226 496 Mag HO

Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:21 am
by Big Block Power
jhnmdahl wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 9:39 am Nice find, Tincup. You may already know this, but Lake Minnetonka has a 40mph speed limit on the whole lake, and the Hennepin County Sheriff's department in particular likes to enforce it, so keep an eye out. Looks like a perfect weekend to be out in your new boat!
That would suck. I cruise at that speed and 35 most of the time.