FH4 or FH5 prop set
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:11 pm
Looking for a set of FH4 props in great condition. If you have a set or possibly a set of FH5 props lets talk, looking for a back up set for the boat.
Well once I put them on and try them out I have a set of f5 hill marine 4 blades. May or may not be for sale. What's on your boat now and what rpms are you seeing and mph.Scubadeep1 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:56 am Not saying I would carry on boat, just have a good set that I could have as a backup so in a pinch I don't have to pay new prices or wait around for a used set to come up. BBP thanks again for your knowledge, in your opinion one does not need an extra set for a DP?
So to me you could be leaving 2000 rpms I the table. I would say you could go down to the fh3 prop and wake her up. Fh5 is going the wrong way.Scubadeep1 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm FH4 props running 4800rpm on flat water 47mph 3 people 1/2 tank fuel.
Sounds goodBig Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 pmSo to me you could be leaving 2000 rpms I the table. I would say you could go down to the fh3 prop and wake her up. Fh5 is going the wrong way.Scubadeep1 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm FH4 props running 4800rpm on flat water 47mph 3 people 1/2 tank fuel.
Well it's a game of chance. Every prop set is diff. How actuate is your tach? Who knows? You want to be close to bouncing off your rev limiter. On my donzi I could spin the Heck out of it till it bounced off of it. It was way above there recc rpm.lol but then again my tach could have been off? So that being said you will gain hole shot,midrange and maybe same mph maybe less or maybe a mile or two faster. If I wasn't in the 5000 range I'm going with a fh3 in heartbeat. What you gain on the lower side way outweighs the top side. That's my two cents.Scubadeep1 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 pm Spec on motor is 5k top so I am only 200 rpm off. So going to a FH3 I would gain top end and a couple hundred rpm on top end?
I'm surprised that's all your getting. Others will chime in.Bobo87 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:07 am I have the 5.0 270 hp GXi Volvo Penta with DP F4 and with about the same weight (fuel and people) I get about 45 mph at 4800 to 5000 RPM. Volvo has this motor topping out at 4600- 5000 RPMs. Not really sure if it is worth changing props but am monitoring this thread closely. When I first got the boat an didn’t know it’s recommended limits I opened wide up with just me at got to 54 mph but the tac read 5500 RPMs. I only tried it once but I know there is more in the engine. I my old 1998 23 LS that had a 8.1 GXi Volvo Penta DP it topped put at 54 mph. As much as I am enjoying the 212 I still miss my 23LS. Damn Harvey!![]()
Mph. I don't know what that model runs normally with a 5.0 maybe that's what they hit. Some of the other guys with your model will chime in. But if your only getting 4800 you are missing out of at least 200 rpms too. Like you said on your other one you went over the limit. Sometimes the tachs are off.