Page 1 of 4
Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:12 pm
by shrfdeputy
Hello From the Wichita area. My girlfriend and I picked up a great older Cobalt last August. It is a 1995 252 that does NOT look 23 years old. We have it in getting some upgrades right now so we’ll definitely post photos of those when they are done. I’ll post some of our photos from last year for now though.
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:17 pm
by shrfdeputy
More pics. Including the first time my girlfriend went in to do some maintenance. It was new plugs this time.

Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm
by Driller
A hardy welcome from Texas Deputy. That's really putting the "First Mate" to work!! Boat looks to be in great shape. Really nice.
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 pm
by shrfdeputy
Thank you sir. And the first mate has been a great help since we got the boat. Our outdrive got stuck all the way up, which made for a sporting experience getting her back on the trailer. She researched the issue on the way home, and as soon as we got there she crawled in the engine bay and switched the trim relays around. We ordered new relays on Amazon and she installed them in about 5 minutes. So yeah, she's been a huge help. lol
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 pm
by Ytmsn
Welcome from Oklahoma! Kudos to your girlfriend! Any gal that will climb in a bilge for ANYTHING has my rrespect!
Just so you know shuruff, we have almost 375 members and only one bonifid Cobalt Chat girl. Her name is Katie and she's special to all of us. Most of all shes pretty special to Jeff. But I don't think she changes plugs?

But she would be partial to a pink motor, so if Jeff was to paint it with pink nail polish she probably would. Silly gurlz..
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:31 pm
by shrfdeputy
Well I’ll have her register tonight so she can start sharing all the stuff she’s learned in the bilge.

Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:55 pm
by NautiGirl
Hey hey from KY! I would be the official Cobalt Chat girl member! I'm giving your girlfriend a round of applause over here... She's a rock star. I leave the more, ok all the mechanics to my better half and I like to handle things like cleaning and maintenence type things. Im also the truck/trailer driver... You have a winner there... Hang on to her... Hopefully she loves captains call as much as I do!
Gorgeous boat. My previous 190 had the same colors... Classic look IMO. Welcome to the group!
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:14 pm
by Big Block Power
Welcome from Wisconsin

My black beauty came from Wichita.
Marine World.
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:54 pm
by tgrace98
Welcome from St Louis/Table rock lake. Looks like you have a nice clean boat there for the age. Glad to see the previous owner(s) took really good care of it.
Also great to see your girlfriend is up for helping maintain it! Sounds like you got a keeper to me!
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 pm
by cmattj
Welcome from California !!
That's a great one!! You'll have some 252 insite on this forum.. get ready to make it faster once T550000000 chimes in!
Girlfriend???
You need to use the word fiancé by this weekend!!

that's great!!
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:56 pm
by AsLan7
wow....you're right, shrfdeputy....she does not look 23 years old! Great pics. Keep 'em coming my friend.
And welcome to the CobaltChat forum, mate!
.
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 pm
by thunder550
YES another '95 252 owner! We are in an exclusive club my friend, welcome! Nice looking boat you have there, the blue on white is such a classic combo

Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am
by shrfdeputy
Hey Thunder. Lol. It’s black on white, but I thought it was blue too the first time I saw it. You should recognize it though. We’re Facebook buds now. Btw I used the drawing you sent me and have that SeaDeck on the way for the factory platform. I really appreciate that. It’s going to look great.
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:26 am
by ATX Cobalt
Welcome from Texas, great looking boat!
Re: Enjoying Our 1995 252 in Kansas
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:06 am
by thunder550
shrfdeputy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am
Hey Thunder. Lol. It’s black on white, but I thought it was blue too the first time I saw it. You should recognize it though. We’re Facebook buds now. Btw I used the drawing you sent me and have that SeaDeck on the way for the factory platform. I really appreciate that. It’s going to look great.
Ahhhh yeah, what's up Jason!!! Obviously wasn't firing on all cylinders last night.

Can't want to see the SeaDek...did you go direct or through SC Wake?