Page 1 of 3
MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:01 am
by Driller
Guys / Gal,
My boat has a stock 2011 MB Quart WM1-CD head unit . This winter I changed out the batteries which disconnected the "always hot lead" to the unit causing it to reset.
Ever since I only have the option of selecting the Radio Mode or the A/V In mode. I have lost my iPOD mode, CD Mode, and my Aux In mode.
I have looked at the operating manual and I can't find how to get them back.
I've done the following:
- Checked the voltage going to the iPOD and the Bluetooth Aux In they are both powered up.
- Reset the unit again, by disconnecting all power.
- Checked all the connections - no problem found
Any ideas?
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 am
by thunder550
Sometimes there's a master reset button on the unit somewhere that you can push with a paperclip, maybe on top or on the back? If you can find one, try pressing that.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 am
by cmattj
Hey pal ..Most are read only for iPod.. have you hooked it up to see if sees it? ( plugged in and signal from iPod or iPhone)
The " mode" button will see auxiliary.
Maybe another battery disconnect will reset it?
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am
by Big Block Power
I would try to disconnect the battery and push the reset on the radio. I don't think anyone mentioned that yet
You could call mr. Quarts and ask him?
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:59 am
by Driller
cmattj wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:47 am
Hey pal ..Most are read only for iPod.. have you hooked it up to see if sees it? ( plugged in and signal from iPod or iPhone)
The " mode" button will see auxiliary.
Maybe another battery disconnect will reset it?
The "mode" button will not see auxiliary. That's the problem, it just doesn't show up. The bluetooth which is plugged into the aux is "hot" and powered up, but the head unit will not display "aux". Only radio and A/V.
I've tried a totally power disconnect, it did not fix it.
Can't try the iPod as the unit is the old 42 pin connection instead of the lightning. I haven't swapped it over yet, because if I can get the bluetooth running I don't need it.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 pm
by Driller
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am
I would try to disconnect the battery and push the reset on the radio. I don't think anyone mentioned that yet
You could call mr. Quarts and ask him?
Can't find where a reset button is mentioned in the manual. Might be one, I haven't looked for it.
Mr. Quarts is German.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:05 pm
by Big Block Power
Driller wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:55 am
I would try to disconnect the battery and push the reset on the radio. I don't think anyone mentioned that yet
You could call mr. Quarts and ask him?
Can't find where a reset button is mentioned in the manual. Might be one, I haven't looked for it.
Mr. Quarts is German.
I had a German product for two months and sold it
Does it have a removable face plate. It could be behind that.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 pm
by Driller
I'll keep digging.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:30 pm
by Driller
So far:
Searched the MB Quart home page - no Tech support - can you believe this?
Searched You Tube
Searched Web
Called a MB Quart dealer in Missouri - no love
Called by Cobalt Boat Dealer who replaced the batteries - got some good support here, they supposedly know how and someone will call me back. Now just waiting.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:24 pm
by Driller
No, no love from the dealer, but they're chasing it.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:26 pm
by jhnmdahl
I think MB Quart usually resets with just a power disconnect for five minutes or so. It'll be interesting to hear what they come up with.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm
by Bfun220
Just a thought. Have you tried to pair your the bluetooth device to your ipod ?
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:15 pm
by Driller
Can’t pair to the Bluetooth. I’m thinking it needs to see the connection to the head unit to work.
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:27 pm
by cmattj
Try it.. my thoughts too. Mr quart and his people skills.. geeeze haaaa
My sony is secret squirrel too.. holding the mode button down for 5 seconds activates Bluetooth pairing
Re: MB Quart Head Unit Trouble
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm
by Driller
I paired to it at the install shop before the battery replacement. No special deal, worked great.