Page 1 of 5

Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am
by Big Block Power
Ok I thought my list was short but it's not. Thanks AJ!
I just wanted to post in here because there's not too many topics in here.So here is my boat to do list.

1 Replace broken wheel stud.
2 Install new rims and tires.
3 Program my Bluetooth sensors in the rims and see how bad that app is.
4 replace bunks or at least carpet
5 replace the 140 tstat to 160
6 install starboard leds in the blower vent
7 maybe get a amp and power up the bow speakers and a sub
8 change the fuel filter
9 make sure my tower fits.
10 buy a buffer.
11 install Hill Marine props

I'm sure there is something missing.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:57 am
by thunder550
Sounds like about 45 minutes of work. You can get that all finished the morning of your first lake trip :D

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 am
by Big Block Power
thunder550 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:57 am Sounds like about 45 minutes of work. You can get that all finished the morning of your first lake trip :D
Agreed. That's why I'm putting it off till may.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:19 am
by Big Block Power
11 I have to top off my depth finder transducer. It stopped working on the last run last fall.

12 install seadek if they ever let me order it.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 am
by thunder550
Is your submerged in a sealed tube?

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 am
by Big Block Power
thunder550 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:21 am Is your submerged in a sealed tube?
Yes it's submerged.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 am
by thunder550
Top it off with blinker fluid.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am Ok I thought my list was short but it's not. Thanks AJ!
I just wanted to post in here because there's not too many topics in here.So here is my boat to do list.


6 install starboard leds in the blower vent


I'm sure there is something missing.
I was going to do the same.

Are you combo or just key on .. figuring a couple of led push lights shouldn't draw but would look great at night on the side beaming lightly through the side ducts.

Unless it looks like a nav light then I'm screwed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am Ok I thought my list was short but it's not. Thanks AJ!
I just wanted to post in here because there's not too many topics in here.So here is my boat to do list.


6 install starboard leds in the blower vent


I'm sure there is something missing.
I was going to do the same.

Are you combo or just key on .. figuring a couple of led push lights shouldn't draw but would look great at night on the side beaming lightly through the side ducts.

Unless it looks like a nav light then I'm screwed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I have them with all of my other leds.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 pm
by Big Block Power
thunder550 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:25 am Top it off with blinker fluid.
I have some of that thank god :-)

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm
by ajcampen
Nice list BBP

Sorry about reminding you

Mine is

1 oil change
2?Fuel filter change
3 install drive cooler
4 install wake board arm
5 buy something to wax boat with
6 wax boat
7 have 4 parts of warranty work done (broken rubber stopper, side panel reglued, speaker issue, kink in drain line
8 break fluid change at end of season dot3

9 not reck car

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:55 am Ok I thought my list was short but it's not. Thanks AJ!
I just wanted to post in here because there's not too many topics in here.So here is my boat to do list.


6 install starboard leds in the blower vent


I'm sure there is something missing.
I was going to do the same.

Are you combo or just key on .. figuring a couple of led push lights shouldn't draw but would look great at night on the side beaming lightly through the side ducts.

Unless it looks like a nav light then I'm screwed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I have them with all of my other leds.
Ok.. may tie them in with rear underwater lights then.
ajcampen wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm Nice list BBP

Sorry about reminding you

Mine is

1 oil change
2?Fuel filter change
3 install drive cooler
4 install wake board arm
5 buy something to wax boat with
6 wax boat
7 have 4 parts of warranty work done (broken rubber stopper, side panel reglued, speaker issue, kink in drain line
8 break fluid change at end of season dot3

9 not reck car
Whoa?? #9 you got some splainin to do??

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:07 pm
by ajcampen
cmattj wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 pm
cmattj wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I was going to do the same.

Are you combo or just key on .. figuring a couple of led push lights shouldn't draw but would look great at night on the side beaming lightly through the side ducts.

Unless it looks like a nav light then I'm screwed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I have them with all of my other leds.
Ok.. may tie them in with rear underwater lights then.
ajcampen wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:42 pm Nice list BBP

Sorry about reminding you

Mine is

1 oil change
2?Fuel filter change
3 install drive cooler
4 install wake board arm
5 buy something to wax boat with
6 wax boat
7 have 4 parts of warranty work done (broken rubber stopper, side panel reglued, speaker issue, kink in drain line
8 break fluid change at end of season dot3

9 not reck car
Whoa?? #9 you got some splainin to do??
Last year someone still my swing away toung pin from a public boat launch and I didn’t catch it. Almost Lille’s me coming down a mountain. Thread under safety I think. On a plus note, I am having damage to back of my car fixed next week finally

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:21 am
by Big Block Power
Holy crap. That's dangerous. I wonder if you could find a locking pin of some kind for that. Or where the clip would go through it make the hole larger and put a lock through that. In Illinois I guess they are getting the winch handle stolen all the time, so everyone takes there handles off. I haven't seen it here but I don't go to big public ramps.

Re: Getting the boat ready for this summer list.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 am
by cmattj
WTF???? Sorry to hear that AJ.. that type of theft could be considered a attempt on someones life.. not just a 10.$ pin theft.. Wow. Ok im now not a big fan of quick release tongues...time to bolt it .

You guys remember the other option?