Page 1 of 1
2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 pm
by Scubadeep1
For those of you who may have a later model 220 and have the quick fender clips. Question, how many do you have on each side and where are they located. I just ordered some of these and am thinking I would like 3 on each side instead of the standard 2 as I have seen on a couple 220's. What are your thoughts on this. Black sides on hull and don't want any rash on it. I was thinking just behind fuel filler about 1' and one about a foot ahead of the mid cleat and one by the line storage locker ahead of the windshield base, this would cover the widest portion on the boat. If you have these on your boat what do you think and if you have any measurements of the location of yours that would be great. Anyone have any idea on how thick the hull/gunnel is along the sides. Are the cleat areas reinforced and do I need to worry about strength of the area and holding power of the hull/gunnel. Thoughts?
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:47 pm
by Big Block Power
My mid cleats are right at the sweet spot. Going forward I don't think is going to help you. The side of the hull isn't very thick.and where my tower ends in the rear works for the rear fender.
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:12 pm
by Alaskabound
Scuba, this is a 2017. Dealer installed these, one just in front of the midcleat & one just above the "C" in Cobalt. He gave us another option,which I unfortunately can't remember, but it was more involved and difficult, I think. These locations have worked out great for us. Hope this helps.
Dub
IMG_0688.JPG
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:33 pm
by AsLan7
.
Great pic dub.

,
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:30 am
by Scubadeep1
Thanks for the pic, that will help.
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm
by MAP53
Kind of related: Does this clip look like the Cobalt ones?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Taco-Quick-Rel ... 2961669254
I would like to get some for my 212, and from the pictures I have seen they look very similar minus the logo.
Thanks
Mark Potter
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 pm
by Big Block Power
Yep those are very close. I was thinking of adding those also. They make lots of great stainless boat parts.
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 am
by MAP53
Well I ordered them, so when they come in and I get them installed I'll report back.
Mark
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 am
by Big Block Power
MAP53 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:51 am
Well I ordered them, so when they come in and I get them installed I'll report back.
Mark
Yea I should just do it too. But i saw another different style fender this weekend I might work on a project and mass produce them.
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 am
by cmattj
Im interested in the "Phender Pro" .
There is a spot I want in front by the cleat but I wont be able to access the back nut .. They have a system that's pretty slick . I may take a bullet on one and try it.
Here is the link
http://wp.bigskyprecision.net/?product=phender-pro
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am
by Ytmsn
Matt isn't that what Cobalt uses, but they put their own logo on? That's what I've been looking at too. Let us know how you like them if you go for it. That'll be one of my winter projects.
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am
by NautiGirl
Those looks nice...you guys test those out then BB can come do ours...the back cleat is pretty much a waste on the 222...
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 am
by cmattj
Ytmsn wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:54 am
Matt isn't that what Cobalt uses, but they put their own logo on? That's what I've been looking at too. Let us know how you like them if you go for it. That'll be one of my winter projects.
mmmm yes they do like Cobalt ones I agree, and they are pricey so it would make sence

. ajcampen had mentioned these awhile ago on another thread and caught my eye. Then when I saw they had a retro kit to pull through where you cant get your hand to the backside I really liked them!
Just have to make sure I dont drill a Harness loom
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am
Those looks nice...you guys test those out then BB can come do ours...the back cleat is pretty much a waste on the 222...
The back fender hanging off the cleat is ridiculous.( I think the Cobalt engineers where thinking stern in Dock tie) You have to dock tie the line tight to the side so the fender wont slip back outward. Geeeze Now Im drilling more holes in the back

Thanks Nauti!
Re: 2012-2018 220 Fender Clips location
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 pm
by ajcampen
So I was at the dealer and the only thing different in the phender pro vs cobalt purchased phender pro is that their is a meterial inbetwen the metal and gel coat.