Page 6 of 6
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm
by AsLan7
.
I know some of you will be disappointed (hopefully I won't be) but I've made a deal on the left over 2016 Cobalt 210 with the V6/280.
Not disappointed at all!
You are going to be the proud new father of a 2016 Cobalt 210....that's fantastic BR99. Congrats!
Maybe ask for a tune up as well (impeller, plugs, oil and and out-drive fluid change, clean flame arrester, etc.) And make sure she runs okay with that leftover gas. Hopefully they used some type of fuel stabilizer.
Any trailer? (if so, how are the bearings, brakes, & tires)
Warrantied items?
Can they throw in a free winterization in the fall?
Remember, it didn't happen unless you have the pics to prove it....like shaking the salespersons hand in front of it.

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm
by ColinC
Congrats!
Good call on the batteries and Aslan's point re: tune-up is valid. Depending on what items you have / don't have, you may want your dealer to throw in some lines, anchor, etc. All the stuff Nav Canada requires can add up if you're starting from scratch. If the dealer won't throw some of it in, ask for the items at dealer cost (or a large discount).
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:44 pm
by Driller
Great news BR99. You're gonna enjoy that new boat. A 2016 no less!!! Enjoy.
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm
by BobRae99
Thanks all.
The boat is sold “water ready” which means all the stuff to meet Canadian requirements plus they will provide dock lines and fenders. I think they also include an anchor. Not sure about the tune up but I’ll ask if it is necessary to refresh the impeller if it’s possible it could have developed a flat spot. The boat comes to me new with the full Volvo Penta warranty, but I’d rather do everything necessary to avoid needing service during our short boating season. I may reach out directly to Volvo Penta to see what they recommend. I plan to ask them o drain the fuel in the tank, stabilized or not, it is almost 2 years old - the boat arrived in the fall of 2016. It is Ebony on a citrin (yellow) bootstrap with standard stereo, rubbed wood dash trim, aft carpet, dual batteries. I’ll be adding a Cobalt Bimini. Pictures won’t be for a while though. I got the boat at a pretty good price but I have to pay for it in full by the end of the boat show. (Early March). I won’t take delivery until mid May though.
I’m not sure what trailer I’m getting other than it is a brand new trailer, but nothing fancy. As long as it is decent quality and appropriate for the boat, which the dealer says it is, I’m not too concerned. It will trailer twice a year, 60 miles each way to the lake and back to storage, so it won’t be getting much on road use.
@Aslan, I’m hesitant to ask for much more from the dealer. The base MSRP price of this boat was $56,000USD in 2016 plus options, which include the 5th Gen Volvo V6/280, ($3,000) plus a few other options, so about $61,000 plus $2,500 freight/pdi, totalling around $64,000, which I calculate at $45,500 dealer cost. I’m paying about $42,000USD which is not a killer deal in the USA, but you have to remember that when the dealer brought this boat in, he landed it at an exchange rate of $1USD = 1.42CAD but today that rate is 1.26, so he could never get his money out of the boat.
The price I’m paying is less than I’ve seen some 2 year old used 200S models with a 240/V6 I’ve seen advertised. Plus I’m getting a basic trailer for a couple of thousand. I tried to get the Bimini thrown in, but the best they would do was sell me the trailer below cost.
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm
by Big Block Power
very cool. I can't start to spend your money till we see your boat. Pictures or it didn't happened

Yes pulling up the little ones won't be a issue. It's the fatties like me that would be a issue. Again. Congrats!
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 pm
by AsLan7
Sounds like you thought this one out pretty well, BR99.
How bout winterization? Doesn’t hurt to ask.
Summer can’t come soon enough!
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
by BobRae99
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm
very cool. I can't start to spend your money till we see your boat. Pictures or it didn't happened

Yes pulling up the little ones won't be a issue. It's the fatties like me that would be a issue. Again. Congrats!
Time will tell about pulling up the fatties.

Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:01 pm
by dogwspts
Looking at a 2017 with the 4.5 Mercruser 250 HP Bravo 3 drive. Your thoughts
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 pm
by BobRae99
dogwspts wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:01 pm
Looking at a 2017 with the 4.5 Mercruser 250 HP Bravo 3 drive. Your thoughts
In which boat? 210 or 220S?
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm
by NautiGirl
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm
by BobRae99
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.
I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm
by NautiGirl
BobRae99 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.
I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
Well it has taken you a few months, but it appears you have finally learned to speak fluent BBP. Good work, makes you an official member of cobaltchat.
Re: 2016 Cobalt 210 or 220S? Power Options?
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:13 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm
BobRae99 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:25 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last year for the 210 model was 2015. He is looking at a 220s.
Actually 2016 (I have one). For a 220S, VP DP. I have one in my 210 and even with 5 adults in the boat, it gets out of the water amazingly quick. I’ve pulled 120 lb skier with that load and the boat barely noticed the drag.
I guess larger V8s give you Gear an dprop options for higher top speed, but I’m happy cruising at 25 - 30 mph where’re the fuel burn is reasonable.
Well it has taken you a few months, but it appears you have finally learned to speak fluent BBP. Good work, makes you an official member of cobaltchat.
It's a great club to be in. Just bring your gas can!
I was looking at the option list from that 2016 220 for sale and it was showing the b3 was using a 4x3 prop set up. That will help the hole shot.