Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
Well guys I broke down and made the switch from Oakley to Costa. I blame my time at the liquid lounge and TRL. Obviously haven't worn them on the lake but initial impressions are the Costa's are higher quality materials and put together much better than the Oakleys. The 580G lenses in the Costa's also appear much sharper than the Polarized Prizm in my Oakleys.
I bought them on Jomashop.com which is a grey market retailer that sells everything from Rolex watches to well Costa's. I was a little hesitant, but they were half off retail price. If they are fakes they are damn good fakes. No factory warranty since they were not purchased from an authorized retailer, but I can still send them back should I scratch a lens or damage them.
20191021_153547.jpg
If you haven't tried the 580G lenses give them a shot, they are real glass, but honestly not much heavier than my Oakleys and the clarity is so much better.
So you bought from that website and are happy with the transaction?
Yup, everything went smooth /w Jomashop. The glasses came in an official Costa box, included the case, the cleaning cloth, all the Costa documentation and a Costa window decal. No way they are fakes. Really, if you think about it Jomashop has a ton to lose if they were caught selling fake items. They have been around for 20 years or so and are well known among watch collectors. I would buy from them again no problem.
I don't get the factory Costa warranty since I didn't buy from an authorized retailer, but at half off I cant get too upset about that. I figured should something happen to them I could buy a whole new pair and still come out ahead as compared to retail prices. Also from what I have read Costa will let you ship broken glasses to them and they will repair them for a fee. So I assume I could still do that if something happened as well.
20191021_153515.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Hmmm, will have to check them out, I lost a pair of Costa a few years back during a move. Leftovers from my Florida boating days.. Miss those as the Nike I have are so so..
My game plan is to go to a local store that sells Costa, try them out. The Costa web site has sizing on it. I don't know if I need large or regular. Looking at the Jomashop.com site, I found a pair I liked, but using the Costa site, I realize they only come in regular. Plus I'll get to judge for myself the difference in weight. I liked the North Turn model, which was one of the most expensive, so don't want to make a mistake.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Krob1114 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 am
My game plan is to go to a local store that sells Costa, try them out. The Costa web site has sizing on it. I don't know if I need large or regular. Looking at the Jomashop.com site, I found a pair I liked, but using the Costa site, I realize they only come in regular. Plus I'll get to judge for myself the difference in weight. I liked the North Turn model, which was one of the most expensive, so don't want to make a mistake.
I did the same thing, I shopped a local store found what I liked then purchased online.
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
Update: I broke my floating sunglasses so I finally broke down and bought a pair of Costa Reefton 580G sunglasses. I searched a lot on line and purchased these because I have a large head (read large cranial capacity) and they wrap around enough to block sun from the sides. The look great, not much difference in the weight. Haven't been on the water yet, but got a cruise coming up March 8th so I wanted something nice. I wound up buying on eBay for maybe $15 cheaper than Jomashop.com from a seller that had over 80k reviews. All went well. Thanks for the help NautiGirl.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
Thanks Nauti for the heads up on Jomashop.com Don't know where Joma procures the Costa's but they are the real deal. Hope to see you guys at the "Liquid Lounge" again this year!! Stay well!
2016 R7
Volvo 380
" ONE MORE DAY II"
"Liquid Lounge" on
Table Rock Lake
gdane wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:20 am
Thanks Nauti for the heads up on Jomashop.com Don't know where Joma procures the Costa's but they are the real deal. Hope to see you guys at the "Liquid Lounge" again this year!! Stay well!
Glad you had a good experience with Joma. I still have not had the guts to order a Omega from them but for sunglasses they are great.
Think we are going to have to skip the regatta this year, we have a wedding to attend that same weekend. Chad can facetime us from time to time so we can see how things are going.
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
gdane wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:20 am
Thanks Nauti for the heads up on Jomashop.com Don't know where Joma procures the Costa's but they are the real deal. Hope to see you guys at the "Liquid Lounge" again this year!! Stay well!
Glad you had a good experience with Joma. I still have not had the guts to order a Omega from them but for sunglasses they are great.
Think we are going to have to skip the regatta this year, we have a wedding to attend that same weekend. Chad can facetime us from time to time so we can see how things are going.
Whats face time? Is that a Apple thing?
03Cobalt220 8.1gxi DP
"Kids in Tow2"
"Pot The Jus" Originator :-)
Neenah Wi
#ItsBu'sfault
#FARCON Marine CC Core!
gdane wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:20 am
Thanks Nauti for the heads up on Jomashop.com Don't know where Joma procures the Costa's but they are the real deal. Hope to see you guys at the "Liquid Lounge" again this year!! Stay well!
Glad you had a good experience with Joma. I still have not had the guts to order a Omega from them but for sunglasses they are great.
Think we are going to have to skip the regatta this year, we have a wedding to attend that same weekend. Chad can facetime us from time to time so we can see how things are going.
Whats face time? Is that a Apple thing?
unnamed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JEFF & KATIE TeamNAUTI Ebony Black 2017 R5 8.2 Big Block CANDIED RED 2007 222 6.2L Merc - Sold 1997 190 4.3 Volvo - Peak Cobalt Design and Manufacturing KENTUCKY
"Pudgy the had down harder!"
akorcovelos wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:33 pm
yeah, make sure to get something that will float on them. My $150 Oakleys are sitting on the bottom of the lake in 'like new' condition, lesson learned.
I had a brand new set of Maui Jims fall off my head and right into the water docking on the first trip with our new boat. Needless to say....
I waved a $50 bill at a bunch of kids, and one girl had them back in my hands in a minute. I got lucky...except for the fitty..
I believe all polarized lenses filter glare the same way. They will mess with clarity of touch screens and other gauges, and I believe airline pilots like A7 do not wear polarized lenses for that reason.
IMO, I’m a fan of actual glass, and not plastic lenses. They wash clean and are more scratch resistant...unless of course they do a bounce off of the sidewalk... I just had my Ray-Bans do that a couple days ago.. I had to trade them in at Sunglass Hut because they were chipped pretty good. That’s never happened to me before...
Had the same thing happen with my Maui Jim’s, but unfortunately our dock was in 63 feet of water
Cobalt 292, white with blue sport stripes, twin Volvo 5.7’s.
I mentioned that I had bought the Costa 580G. Before they came, I was in Sam's Club. They had some similiar for $24 so I bought and haven't used the Costa yet. They were from Callaway Golf.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS
I messed up my Callaway Golf blue mirrored sunglasses so I finally got the Costa's out. Wow. Really great lenses. My wife drove to lake Sunday wearing her Raybans. I had her put Costa's on and she could really tell a difference.
Thanks for the recommendation NautiGirl.
2019 Cobalt R3 @ Greers Ferry Lake, AR
Home in Hernando, MS