Page 38 of 65
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 am
by Ytmsn
akorcovelos wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:34 pm
We average 18mpg with the 3.5 in the heavy Expedition, so I do doubt for a second it will get as good or better unloaded mpg than the 3.0 in a lighter f150.
I didn’t realize the diesel was only offered in the top trim levels, big miss on Ford if you ask me.
My guess behind their reasoning is there is a substantial up charge for the little diesel, therefore the buyer pool for these trucks can afford luxury trim. If someone wanted a "work truck", its probably about the same price for a 3/4 ton long bed single cab base truck equipped with the big diesel. Again, just a guess.. but I'm betting its pretty close. Who would want a half ton short bed work truck with a little diesel?
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am
by akorcovelos
Valid point, my guess is the diesel option is around $4-6k if the pricing holds true from the Superduty lineup.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am
by Tuscany
The 6.7L is somewhere around a 9k MSRP option I believe.
I’m going to guess the little diesel will be a tad more possibly 6-7k. Lots of emission equipment and warranty cost differences incurred by Ford. But, we may be looking at the future here and a potential turning point for the 1500/large SUV class engines.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am
by mdadgar
Tuscany wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am
But, we may be looking at the future here and a potential turning point for the 1500/large SUV class engines.
I think that's the key. Putting the diesel in the big SUVs is a no-brainer. I'd buy one to replace my GL350 diesel in a heartbeat.
- Mark
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 pm
by mdadgar
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 am
by Tuscany
Seems some sense of normality will be coming with the new GMC.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 am
by akorcovelos
Still not a fan of the square wheel wells, but the face certainly looks better.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am
by Tuscany
Well, at least they are now adding a short 45 degree angle piece, rather than the 80 degree or so they used to use..

Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am
by cmattj
This is a pic we have of the High Country version Chevrolet HD. It uses its Brothers GMC wheel well trim. weeeeew starting to look better. Maybe?
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:03 am
by Tuscany
I'm always about new style. I'm one who will usually bite on new stuff vs. the current models.
Looks like this design team is really reaching for something. I'm really not sure what customer element they were trying to capture here, but they certainly nailed it if they are trying to chase fence sitters away...
I try to give myself a few days to process, but this one may take a little more time, and I'll have to see it in the flesh. Sometimes, pictures do no justice. I mean, Look at BB? Who knew that scowl was in front of such a nice guy?.
So, being a Ford guy, I bite and like what others will call ugly. The new style SD wasn't a must have, but I still preferred the look over the competition.
I'm guessing the question will end up being this:
Loyal GM buyers, is this possessing the GM style/look that has always attracted you?
I will guess the answer will be yes.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 pm
by NautiGirl
cmattj wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am
This is a pic we have of the High Country version Chevrolet HD. It uses its Brothers GMC wheel well trim. weeeeew starting to look better. Maybe?
It's better, but if I am spending 70k on a truck why settle for better?
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm
by Big Block Power
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 pm
cmattj wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am
This is a pic we have of the High Country version Chevrolet HD. It uses its Brothers GMC wheel well trim. weeeeew starting to look better. Maybe?
It's better, but if I am spending 70k on a truck why settle for better?
Your not your settling for the best.
T what scowl



Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm
by Tuscany
Big Block Power wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:03 pm
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 pm
cmattj wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am
This is a pic we have of the High Country version Chevrolet HD. It uses its Brothers GMC wheel well trim. weeeeew starting to look better. Maybe?
It's better, but if I am spending 70k on a truck why settle for better?
Your not your settling for the best.
Ford folk sayin Oohhh....
https://youtu.be/sRkE_Gv6ALM
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 pm
by sailor55330
NautiGirl wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 pm
cmattj wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am
This is a pic we have of the High Country version Chevrolet HD. It uses its Brothers GMC wheel well trim. weeeeew starting to look better. Maybe?
It's better, but if I am spending 70k on a truck why settle for better?
1000% agree...drop $70k on a truck only to have to add aftermarket add on's to like it? Doesn't seem right to me personally. Then again, I don't really think there is "great" looking truck out there. I want to love them, but I can't Ford's grills have always looked like filler material instead of integrated, GM's always seem squared off, the new SUV's from Ford look narrow to me and the SUV's from (full size) GM are so squared off that they remind me of a hearse.... Ram, just seems dated...imports? Not a clue...haven't looked since 2008 and really didn't like the looks then, but bought the Toyota for the powertrain.
Re: Let's see your Tow rigs with your boat!
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am
by Tuscany
With the HC, they applied a chrome band-aid to that weird hole in the center with horizontal chrome bars. The majority of trucks they will build won’t be the HC. What a great time to be a GMC dealer..