Page 4 of 6
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am
by liquid
Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.
I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm
by Bobo87
That is correct. The diameter of the hole is smaller than the OD of the pin. Very odd.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 pm
by liquid
Bobo87 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm
That is correct. The diameter of the hole is smaller than the OD of the pin. Very odd.
Look at you gettin all fancy with your calculations! Diameter! Ha! Ok Einstein.
I'm just kidding, honestly don't know why I didn't just say that in the first place.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:07 pm
by liquid
[/quote]
I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
[/quote]
Also can't believe I'm not getting torn up for this one... Be better CC'ers!
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 pm
by AsLan7
liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:07 pm
I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
[/quote]
Also can't believe I'm not getting torn up for this one... Be better CC'ers!
[/quote]
I think we have grown numb to it.

Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:51 pm
by Bobo87
Hole size? Flip up pins? What’s next? Man this is going to a dark place quickly. I feel bad for ever starting this about a pin that is too big for a hole!


Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:21 pm
by Bobo87
Okay it appears the flip up pins didn’t work. One side appears to have a thread like the pin should have a screw thread on the smaller side. Back to the drawing board.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm
by Ytmsn
liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am
Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.
I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
First off, you used nub and too big to fit in the same sentence. Theres too much there to even run at!
And you get a doubled prize. Maybe triple. This was Collins intro thread that got hijacked into a stereo thread,so you and Bobo hijacked a hijack! Well done.
Bobo, you need a little bimini bolt with a plastic head on it to hand screw into the mount. I had them like that 2 boats ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:06 am
by Big Block Power
I'm not sure it got totally hijacked. Page 3 Colin kind of started all of this mess in his intro questions. It just keep going and going and going.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:52 am
by Bobo87
Well. I may have high jacked Colin’s intro but I figured since my question was directly related to the exact model and year of his boat he might be able to explain what I am missing on the Bimini top support bar pins. Perhaps he has a photo? As a matter of fact had Hurricane Harvey had hit a few months early I probably would have bought his boat since Montgomery is less than an hour away from me.

so far I am loving my 212 as so many others are enjoying their Cobalts too. I really appreciate everyone’s input. This forum is awesome

.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 pm
by liquid
Ytmsn wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm
liquid wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am
Bobo87 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:57 pm
The hole is smaller on the back when compared to the rest of the binimi top. When I tried the other pins they were too large for the hole.
That is super odd.
I know it's tough to flip the nub on mine once its through but you're saying it won't even fit into the hole?
First off, you used nub and too big to fit in the same sentence. Theres too much there to even run at!
And you get a doubled prize. Maybe triple. This was Collins intro thread that got hijacked into a stereo thread,so you and Bobo hijacked a hijack! Well done.
Bobo, you need a little bimini bolt with a plastic head on it to hand screw into the mount. I had them like that 2 boats ago. I'll see if I can find a picture.
I know! The comment should’ve been destroyed!
I submit that a double hijack is precisely why we are all here and that bobo should stick to the original bolt, jam it in there, finesse the nub with tenderness and a little wiggle and flick it up when the time is right. Prob solve.
...and I’m banned.

Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am
by thunder550
liquid wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:33 pm
bobo should stick to the original bolt, jam it in there, finesse the nub with tenderness and a little wiggle and flick it up when the time is right. Prob solve.
clint eastwood coffee GIF-source.gif
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm
by Bobo87
Well I got lucky today and found one of the screw pins I have been trying to describe. Here is a picture. Now I just need to find another one.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 pm
by Driller
Haven’t seen those on my Bimini.
Re: Hello from Toronto
Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am
by liquid
Bobo87 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:25 pm
Well I got lucky today and found one of the screw pins I have been trying to describe. Here is a picture. Now I just need to find another one.
What the hell is that.