Page 4 of 4

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 pm
by Ytmsn
Yeah, it's the 282 guy. Tenkiller in eastern OK is where our place and boat are.
Btw, im on the hunt for a 262. Your fault! 😀

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:19 pm
by AsLan7
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 pm Yeah, it's the 282 guy. Tenkiller in eastern OK is where our place and boat are.
Btw, im on the hunt for a 262. Your fault! 😀

ALLLLL RIGHT!!!

Hopefully I can get you in the club, YTMSN, after our discussion the other day.

Again, IMHO, the 2000 thru 2007 262 (& 263) series are some of THE best looking and finest quality boats ever produced by the engineers at Cobalt.

We are all on a mission now to help out. The folks here will keep an eye out for ya', my friend. 8-) 8-) :D 8-) 8-)

Again, this is your motivation video which I'm sure you have watched many times. :D

.

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 pm
by Big Block Power
Boy for a big boat it sure gets on plane quick.

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm
by cmattj
Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm
by Big Block Power
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..
Just don't look at the gopro or the gps.lol

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm
by AsLan7
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..
What size props r u running now, Matt?

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 pm
by liquid
https://youtu.be/Y2xDZnLqD5k

Now I'm in a YouTube rabbit hole.

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:48 pm
by cmattj
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..
Just don't look at the gopro or the gps.lol
😂😂.. I'm going to stay focused.. just need to burn a candle for the Cobalt gods!!

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 pm
by Bfun220
This was one of my favorites when I was looking for a 263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeJzOgSWzY

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 pm
by AsLan7
Bfun220 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 pm This was one of my favorites when I was looking for a 263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeJzOgSWzY

.
Yes...always enjoyed that one.

That video also gave me the great idea to have the "No Step" label on top of that small plexiglass strip to keep folks from steppin' on that area.

Thx, bfun220!

Here is the embed as well:


Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 pm
by cmattj
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..
What size props r u running now, Matt?
Volvo F9.. I trim it to 1/4 as higher I get slight porpoise with that set up..

But maybe she'll trim higher WOT I just haven't played with it.
The video gave me the thought to trim up as it does pull hard but Bam.. Just stops like a governor?
Happy problem to have 😎

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:24 pm
by AsLan7
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 pm
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm
cmattj wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:25 pm Geeez. That's it!!

I'm gutting the 282 for a speed run,
1/8 tank fuel, following sea and running the cockpits covers on it like an old Triumph Tr
. that'll get me 68.. haha

Cool video..
What size props r u running now, Matt?
Volvo F9.. I trim it to 1/4 as higher I get slight porpoise with that set up..

But maybe she'll trim higher WOT I just haven't played with it.
The video gave me the thought to trim up as it does pull hard but Bam.. Just stops like a governor?
Happy problem to have 😎
Roger that....and Ahhh yes...I had forgotten Volvo does not list pitch in their specs. F9 was the same size I had on my 262...part number 3851499 if I remember correctly for one of the props. Not cheap but great runners.

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm
by Ytmsn
That's it Aslan! A blue 262 with a red stripe, bimini arch, 420 BB, CC and swimdeck. That's the one I'm hunting!

Re: First Cobalt.. 282

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 pm
by AsLan7
Ytmsn wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm That's it Aslan! A blue 262 with a red stripe, bimini arch, 420 BB, CC and swimdeck. That's the one I'm hunting!

Roger that my friend.

Hopefully we can find it faster than my 3 year quest--even with two boat brokers searching for us as well! Of course the 263 is a little more rare than the 262 and we wanted a FULLY loaded (or 90% of which the other options I'd add) 263.

You may have to do the same.

We were nonnegotiable in regards to the arch and either the GXI or MAG HO engines as well as extra extended swim platform since these could not be added easily.

Of course we added the trim tabs and CC exhaust. Only regret was not getting those darn aft center walk thru cushions. Ughhh