Page 4 of 5
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 pm
by Jeeper
I finally had a chance to try out the Costa’s on the water. I was really impressed the way they cut down the glare and I could still see the Garmin glass dash. I have found my new favorite boating glasses.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:57 am
by mdadgar
I got a pair, too. Looking forward to trying them and comparing them to my Maui Jims.
- Mark
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:31 pm
by NautiGirl
FYI Oakley is doing $30 off sunglasses on their webiste, not sure how long the promo lasts, but just picked up a pair of Prizm Polarized for $150.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:42 pm
by Patriot 8713
So I finally purchased a pair of Costa 580G deep water prizm polarized glasses and they are amazing. Fit is unbelievably comfortable and they are crystal clear. Awesome sunglasses!
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:26 pm
by greenhut
I love Maui Jim glasses (partial to the Ho'Okipa frames), but after losing several pairs boating, and scratching up others, I found
these on Amazon and love them. $13.99 delivered. Polarized, similar frame to the MJ I love. Can buy 10 pair for the price of 1 pair of MJ. They aren't AS good, but IMO, good enough. Worth a try for the $.
In case the link breaks some day:
JULI Polarized Sports Sunglasses for Men Women Tr90 Unbreakable Frame for Running Fishing Baseball Driving MJ8002
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 pm
by mdadgar
mdadgar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:57 am
I got a pair, too. Looking forward to trying them and comparing them to my Maui Jims.
The Costa are quite good. I like 'em. Gonna go with these on the water and my Maui Jims everywhere else.
costa.jpg
- Mark
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 pm
by Ahaberkorn
Based on this thread, I got a pair of the Deep Water Prizm and love them. had to get the wife her own pair, she wears hers everywhere on the water and off.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:30 am
by Jeeper
Ahaberkorn wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:09 pm
Based on this thread, I got a pair of the Deep Water Prizm and love them. had to get the wife her own pair, she wears hers everywhere on the water and off.
That sounds way too familiar except that I bought Costas. I bought a pair to leave on the boat but my wife seemed to like to borrow them, so I brought her a pair of green lens Costas to leave on the boat she likes them so well she uses them everywhere and will probably forget them next time we go to the lake and will be using mine again.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:56 am
by Krob1114
My $0.02 worth.
I like polarized to reduce glare. But I usually buy $15-20 glasses and Walmart or Target and don't cry when they get lost.
This year I bought a pair at Sam's Club for $25 that have case, cleaning cloth, neck rope, and they supposedly float.
Haven't tested floating yet. I like them so much that I also drive car in them.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:16 am
by Kate
Tuscany wrote: "I’m a fan of actual glass, and not plastic lenses. They wash clean and are more scratch resistant."
I used to sell hi-end sunglasses. In addition to those benefits, glass lenses provide a sharper image, especially at distances. When buying, look carefully at the lens colors. They're designed for different eye types and uses (e.g., full sun vs. evening, tennis vs. fishing). And look at the replacement warranty.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:57 am
by Krob1114
Y'all are making me want to buy new sunglasses. Something to research during the winter months.
I don't think I'd buy off Amazon, cause I like to see fit. I've purchased visors online and was sent kids visors.
Same with other articles of clothing.
We were test driving a BMW X3 for my daughter. She was loving seeing the speed limit out in front of the windshield.
I tried driving and couldn't see it. Realized it was because I had polarized sun glasses.
Good info though. Thanks.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:04 am
by Norris_Boating
Krob1114 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:57 am
We were test driving a BMW X3 for my daughter. She was loving seeing the speed limit out in front of the windshield.
I tried driving and couldn't see it. Realized it was because I had polarized sun glasses.
Because I have an X5 with the HUD, you can control the brightness of the HUD in settings, if you crank it up all the way you should be able to see it with sunglasses on.
Though I also don't use high quality sunglasses so maybe that's why!
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
by NautiGirl
Well guys I broke down and made the switch from Oakley to Costa. I blame my time at the liquid lounge and TRL. Obviously haven't worn them on the lake but initial impressions are the Costa's are higher quality materials and put together much better than the Oakleys. The 580G lenses in the Costa's also appear much sharper than the Polarized Prizm in my Oakleys.
I bought them on Jomashop.com which is a grey market retailer that sells everything from Rolex watches to well Costa's. I was a little hesitant, but they were half off retail price. If they are fakes they are damn good fakes. No factory warranty since they were not purchased from an authorized retailer, but I can still send them back should I scratch a lens or damage them.
20191021_153547.jpg
If you haven't tried the 580G lenses give them a shot, they are real glass, but honestly not much heavier than my Oakleys and the clarity is so much better.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:54 pm
by cmattj
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
Well guys I broke down and made the switch from Oakley to Costa. I blame my time at the liquid lounge and TRL. Obviously haven't worn them on the lake but initial impressions are the Costa's are higher quality materials and put together much better than the Oakleys. The 580G lenses in the Costa's also appear much sharper than the Polarized Prizm in my Oakleys.
I bought them on Jomashop.com which is a grey market retailer that sells everything from Rolex watches to well Costa's. I was a little hesitant, but they were half off retail price. If they are fakes they are damn good fakes. No factory warranty since they were not purchased from an authorized retailer, but I can still send them back should I scratch a lens or damage them.
20191021_153547.jpg
If you haven't tried the 580G lenses give them a shot, they are real glass, but honestly not much heavier than my Oakleys and the clarity is so much better.
Had Oakley for years then went to prescription recently, and they’re struggling as they wrap back, and they can’t get it right?
May have get my pennies together for these.
Re: Prizm polarized sunglasses...are they worth the money?
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 am
by Krob1114
NautiGirl wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm
Well guys I broke down and made the switch from Oakley to Costa. I blame my time at the liquid lounge and TRL. Obviously haven't worn them on the lake but initial impressions are the Costa's are higher quality materials and put together much better than the Oakleys. The 580G lenses in the Costa's also appear much sharper than the Polarized Prizm in my Oakleys.
I bought them on Jomashop.com which is a grey market retailer that sells everything from Rolex watches to well Costa's. I was a little hesitant, but they were half off retail price. If they are fakes they are damn good fakes. No factory warranty since they were not purchased from an authorized retailer, but I can still send them back should I scratch a lens or damage them.
20191021_153547.jpg
If you haven't tried the 580G lenses give them a shot, they are real glass, but honestly not much heavier than my Oakleys and the clarity is so much better.
So you bought from that website and are happy with the transaction?