Page 4 of 9

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am
by Mr Hahn
Hey Jeeper, I’m pretty close in American Fork if you ever need any help. I just picked up a 2006 272 and I’m about to sell the 1999 232 in my sig.

-Nate

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm
by Jeeper
Mr Hahn wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am Hey Jeeper, I’m pretty close in American Fork if you ever need any help. I just picked up a 2006 272 and I’m about to sell the 1999 232 in my sig.

-Nate
We are almost neighbors. Your 232 should sell pretty fast this time of year. I just sold my 190. Congratulations on the 272.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm
by Newman
Jeeper wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm
Mr Hahn wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 am Hey Jeeper, I’m pretty close in American Fork if you ever need any help. I just picked up a 2006 272 and I’m about to sell the 1999 232 in my sig.

-Nate
We are almost neighbors. Your 232 should sell pretty fast this time of year. I just sold my 190. Congratulations on the 272.
Hey jeeper, that R5 looks awesome. I was drooling over all the fancy new boats at the Utah boat show a few weeks ago. Wish I had seen your ad for the 190 a few weeks ago, or Mr Hahn and his 232, but so far pretty happy with my new 20 year old 23LS. I'm over in West Jordan, by the way.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 pm
by Jeeper
The trailer finally got here today. It just so happens I’m working out of town this week and going to the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab next week. They said they would have ready to go in two weeks when I get done jeeping. If I hadn’t already paid for the Jeep trip i would probably do a boat trip instead.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 pm
by AsLan7
Thanks for the pic Jeeper!

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:08 pm
by Big Block Power
Looks sweet. It will be nice to see how they made tb he back of the trailer for the forward drive.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:54 pm
by Jeeper
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:08 pm Looks sweet. It will be nice to see how they made tb he back of the trailer for the forward drive.
I’m curious about that also. Maybe I’ll text Carson and see if he will send a picture of the back.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:54 pm
by Jeeper
21BE60F7-9BBF-4039-BF86-9F516CE5491F.jpeg
40F6772A-AC96-4C62-98F4-8BEB15C89CB3.jpeg

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 pm
by AsLan7
.
Why does that trailer & forward facing drive combo make me cringe? :shock:

.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:18 pm
by Jeeper
AsLan7 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 pm .
Why does that trailer & forward facing drive combo make me cringe? :shock:

.
It makes me wish I would have gotten the rudder indicator. It will be interesting to see what it looks like with the props on and outdrive down.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:29 pm
by Big Block Power
Jeeper wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:08 pm Looks sweet. It will be nice to see how they made tb he back of the trailer for the forward drive.
I’m curious about that also. Maybe I’ll text Carson and see if he will send a picture of the back.
So that's the first trailer without any part of the trailer behind the drive. I like that. But you better make sure the drive is trimmed up before coming on to it as it looks like it could hit that protector part of the trailer. I would put the drive all the way down and turn it with props on to see if it will hit anything. Plus are there any wheels on the bottom part of that protection piece. That is pretty low to the grd.
I think you can add the rudder and I would before it hits the water. I think that's a great option.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm
by kas232ca
How much ground clearance are you going to have with the props on and drive up?

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:40 pm
by akorcovelos
man, that's close to all kinds of scary stuff...

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm
by Jeeper
kas232ca wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:03 pm How much ground clearance are you going to have with the props on and drive up?
Not sure, hopefully I will find time to go see it in person tomorrow.

Re: New Utah Member

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:56 pm
by Jeeper
I looked at it in person. There is about 10” of clearance between the bottom bar and the ground, and it has rollers on it. I’m not concerned about the prop hitting the trailer when using the guide poles. With the props all the way down you can turn the steering wheel both ways and still have plenty of clearance. With the props under the boat they don’t swing as wide as a outdrive with rear props.
This is a Boatmate trailer. I looked at a R5 Surf on a EZ Loader trailer without guide poles, my salesman said someone hit the trailer with the props and ruined them on a demo. That’s why they switched trailer manufacturers and I had to wait two extra months for it to get here. I guess it was worth the wait since it’s not warm enough to use it yet.