Page 3 of 4

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:05 pm
by Ytmsn
Quick, without looking.. Anyone remember what this thread was about?

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:24 pm
by Big Block Power
I think it's still on track. They are wasting time for the next two weeks before? Crap what are we waiting for?

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:13 pm
by Table Rockin
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:36 pm This sounds pretty one sided to me 😀. How do I know you aren’t going to be rolling around in Cheetos and bumping every dock you see? Do I get to make monthly inspections on my investment?

And hell who knows maybe i’ll Be ready for an r30 by then. But I’ve always told myself I never want to deal with a 2 engine boat. Just seems like double the headaches to me.
One sided? You get peace of mind on your future boat...kind of....sorta....maybe 😉

I can at least say with 100% certainty...no cheetos!! Ever!

I dont think 2 engines would be too much trouble.....besides if your considering that boat id say you afford to take the risk of engine failure. But youd need a new lift! R30 for me is when kids head off to college....or even sometime after.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:22 pm
by tgrace98
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:13 pm
tgrace98 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:36 pm This sounds pretty one sided to me 😀. How do I know you aren’t going to be rolling around in Cheetos and bumping every dock you see? Do I get to make monthly inspections on my investment?

And hell who knows maybe i’ll Be ready for an r30 by then. But I’ve always told myself I never want to deal with a 2 engine boat. Just seems like double the headaches to me.
One sided? You get peace of mind on your future boat...kind of....sorta....maybe 😉

I can at least say with 100% certainty...no cheetos!! Ever!

I dont think 2 engines would be too much trouble.....besides if your considering that boat id say you afford to take the risk of engine failure. But youd need a new lift! R30 for me is when kids head off to college....or even sometime after.
Nah I'd say 27ft on Table Rock is a great size boat. Still small enough to pull a tuber or skier and large enough to handle any kind of water conditions. Hell most slips there are still only 10x24.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 pm
by Table Rockin
Oh I would agree but over time people tend to gravitate towards bigger and better (or I tend to). Someday it might be in the cards when perhaps water sports is less commonplace for us. Who knows maybe that day never comes. But for now, I'm most assuredly happy with what I have. And yea if I ever decide to leave the Harbor for say something like a community slip its going to be hard to find something in the 28'+ range. Like you say most are 24'....and still want 35-40k for one. Didnt you say awhile back you have some friends who wanted to make their slips bigger and the corp told them to stick it? Wonder if that is always going to be the case.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:22 pm
by Table Rockin
Btw...you still on schedule for your boat being moved down?

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:17 pm
by tgrace98
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 pm Oh I would agree but over time people tend to gravitate towards bigger and better (or I tend to). Someday it might be in the cards when perhaps water sports is less commonplace for us. Who knows maybe that day never comes. But for now, I'm most assuredly happy with what I have. And yea if I ever decide to leave the Harbor for say something like a community slip its going to be hard to find something in the 28'+ range. Like you say most are 24'....and still want 35-40k for one. Didnt you say awhile back you have some friends who wanted to make their slips bigger and the corp told them to stick it? Wonder if that is always going to be the case.
Yeah a good friend of mine from college his parents have a place over by the Kimberling City bridge. Back when the Corp required everyone to switch to plastic floats instead of the foam ones they wanted to turn their 12 10x24 boat slips to 10x28ft boat slips and add a swim platform as well and the corp shot them down. Stated that the edges of the slips would be too close to shoreline. Which is BS because I have seen a lot more docks closer to shore. Also they tried to remove a tree that is obstructing their view of the lake from their porch. (they were going to move it about 30ft to the left and the corp also said no.

As far as I know I am still on schedule for next weekend to move my boat from LOTO's to table rock. Hopefully the weather holds out. Looking pretty chilly next week so far.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am
by Table Rockin
Tick tock.... tick tock.....just days away my friend.....

And your gonna have great weather this weekend to boot. Dont forget pics!

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:17 am
by tgrace98
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 am Tick tock.... tick tock.....just days away my friend.....

And your gonna have great weather this weekend to boot. Dont forget pics!
I'm a little worried about Sunday . Low of 29. My boat does have the optional engine bay heater that they used back then. So I am going to call Phil today and see if I plug it in Sunday that they can check on it Monday.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am
by Table Rockin
Damn, I guess I hadn't looked that far out yet. This F'N weather needs to end......seriously.....

Its just ridiculous that we are looking at below freezing temps in mid April. I'm no scientist but if global warming is a thing, please let us at least feel the effect!

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am
by Fun2Fish
This weather is the worst, finally a few warm days this week. Good luck on getting your boat moved down, exciting times! :)

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 am
by Table Rockin
Fun2Fish wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am This weather is the worst, finally a few warm days this week.
To be followed by freezing lows....I'm hoping the weather warms back up later next week.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:56 am
by Fun2Fish
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 am
Fun2Fish wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am This weather is the worst, finally a few warm days this week.
To be followed by freezing lows....I'm hoping the weather warms back up later next week.
ohh ya...gotta luv the midwest weather. Snowing this past Sunday and 75 Wednesday. :lol: The extended on the weather channel looks better, but we know how that can go. :roll:

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am
by tgrace98
yeah like I put in the chat. I have had enough of January. Last year by now I was already running my irrigation system on summer mode. I have yet to even turn it on this year. I guess you guys can blame me for the extended winter. I have only been talking about boating all april since january.

Re: Going to be a Looooong 2 weeks

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:44 pm
by tgrace98
Table Rockin wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:47 am
Fun2Fish wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:36 am This weather is the worst, finally a few warm days this week.
To be followed by freezing lows....I'm hoping the weather warms back up later next week.
Well I talked to Phil and he said they didn't run around and winterize any of the boats last week. Said not to worry so I guess I am going to go ahead and move it down there this weekend. I am going to plug in the heater though to be safe and he is going to run down there monday and unplug it.