Page 3 of 7

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 am
by Tuscany
Welcome from Buffalo.
Never read this site with others near by, because hysterical laughing is sometimes involved.
Consider yourself warned, and welcomed. 🤣

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am
by Table Rockin
gdane wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am Hey Table Rockin I looked to see who I dealt with at the Harbor and found Bob Cox's biz card. He is one of the owners. Who are you dealing with?
Once again good luck on your R7 deal
Originally talked to Phil Cox (Bob's brother) about concerns with my lift because I was worried a 28' boat would be too heavy. Like any enterprising individual he asked if there was anything he could do to help me find a new boat. So I told him what I was looking for and within days they called about the R7 that was coming in on trade. From that point I talked to Trey the sales manager. My experience with them has been limited at this point but they have come through on every promise made to date and the deal for the R7 is more than fair for the boat I'm getting. They also moved my boat lift from the State Park Marina (they own that one as well) to the Harbor for free which, while isnt the biggest deal, was nice.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am
by Table Rockin
gdane wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 am The new houseboats on TRL are awesome. Fully equipped with a hot tub on the upper deck!!!
i actually toyed with the idea of buying an older houseboat to be slipped in the same marina and just stay on that when go down. I personally think I would love that. Always on the water, especially at night. Wife was not on board with that and the prospect of paying for two slip leases annually wasnt too appealing. But hey! it would be more condo rental income!

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 am
by Table Rockin
liquid wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 am Sounds like the contingent on Table Rock from CC is strong. Can't wait to see 2018 pics in Liquid's Lounge. I mean THE liquid Lounge. Honorary Oscar should be present.
I'm thinking we should buy up some real estate on a cove somewhere on TR and create the CC compound/cove. gdane can move his liquid lounge over so that covers our community slip requirement. We could buy one of those big blowup trampoline thingy's and anchor it in the middle of the cove for the kids.

Plenty of land for sale down there so I'll buy that. Just need someone to build some houses/shacks/double wides/I'm going broke quick. Lol. Regional CC members are welcome as well if they care to trailer to the lake :D

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:26 am
by Ytmsn
Ohhh you fit nicely here. Our favorite past time is spending other people's money!

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 pm
by Driller
gdane wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 am Driller, Where do you boat in Texas?
I have a place on Lake Travis. Keep my boat in a slip there.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:37 pm
by liquid
Table Rockin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 am
gdane wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:36 am The new houseboats on TRL are awesome. Fully equipped with a hot tub on the upper deck!!!
i actually toyed with the idea of buying an older houseboat to be slipped in the same marina and just stay on that when go down. I personally think I would love that. Always on the water, especially at night. Wife was not on board with that and the prospect of paying for two slip leases annually wasnt too appealing. But hey! it would be more condo rental income!
I actually really like this idea.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm
by liquid
Table Rockin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:43 am
liquid wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:44 am Sounds like the contingent on Table Rock from CC is strong. Can't wait to see 2018 pics in Liquid's Lounge. I mean THE liquid Lounge. Honorary Oscar should be present.
I'm thinking we should buy up some real estate on a cove somewhere on TR and create the CC compound/cove. gdane can move his liquid lounge over so that covers our community slip requirement. We could buy one of those big blowup trampoline thingy's and anchor it in the middle of the cove for the kids.

Plenty of land for sale down there so I'll buy that. Just need someone to build some houses/shacks/double wides/I'm going broke quick. Lol. Regional CC members are welcome as well if they care to trailer to the lake :D
Check that - TR let's take your idea about the house boat and just beach it.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm
by Table Rockin
liquid wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:38 pm Check that - TR let's take your idea about the house boat and just beach it.
There you go!. No slip lease payment. We'll run a super long extension cord for power :D

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm
by liquid
This is how I picture it:

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm
by liquid
:D

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:19 pm
by liquid
In reality it'd look like... wait, is this still the new member thread and not the "Let's beach a Houseboat on Table Rock" thread???

I did say welcome, right? ;)

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:42 pm
by Table Rockin
hey all ready to go for high tide or surging waves. Sign me up!

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm
by gdane
Driller wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 pm
gdane wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 am Driller, Where do you boat in Texas?
I have a place on Lake Travis. Keep my boat in a slip there.
Sweet, Maybe we can meet when I'm down in Austin. I'm a Texas Grad and get back to Austin for at least a couple of times a year.

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:06 pm
by Bobo87
I boat on Lake Livingston in East Texas. Where you planning on running tha georgous R7?