Page 3 of 4
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 pm
by thunder550
I got one of the GPS ones from Amazon, works great so far. Only had it in for a couple weeks though, so time will tell.
IMG_20171118_130051.jpg
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm
by hoghead54
Here's some pictures of my boat in all it's glory....not.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:40 pm
by hoghead54
Some more. And their upside down

Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:46 pm
by hoghead54
And even more....
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm
by hoghead54
Last one I promise. It doesn't look all sleek and fast like a lot of others on here but it will do for a first boat with a little work.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 pm
by NautiGirl
You will have her looking good and water ready in no time.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:10 pm
by Driller
That 2 tone blue is really gonna look great once it is polished up. Nice color combo.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:29 pm
by Big Block Power
Well she will need some love but she could come back to life with some work. You can get all of those letters and decals from your dealer. Mine has them in stock. I would wet sand her first. That looks like a Alpha 1 drive.tuff to tell upside down.lol
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:35 pm
by Driller
You can get her back onto shape HH. When you see the work others have done on there boats here on the forum you'll realize it is a diamond in the rough.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41 pm
by Ytmsn
Hog be sure to document what you do as you begin the restoration process. Take lots of pictures and keep all your receipts. I have a portfolio I keep a journal in with all documentation. When it comes to sell you'll be glad. Try to write everything down. Start a thread on it and take us all along! There will be things you won't be sure about and many of us here have been in your same position. We can help you save a buck here and there or drain your account!
Thanks for the pics!
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:42 pm
by thunder550
Agreed! She'll clean up nice with some TLC! Looking forward to seeing her come back to life

Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 pm
by hoghead54
Where would be good place to start a thread on that when the time comes?
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 pm
by Big Block Power
hoghead54 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 pm
Where would be good place to start a thread on that when the time comes?
I would start it in the
older boats and series 190-360 section.
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:37 pm
by AsLan7
.
Hey Hoghead54.
Just read thru this thread and also wanted to welcome you aboard. (thx bbp

)
Looking forward to your documenting this restoration with some pics on the site. We are all rooting for you bringing this 190 back to it's full glory.
So glad you found us!
Re: Newbie to boating
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:43 pm
by hoghead54
I'm glad I found it.I've gotten some great ideas and help. I get a real kick out of the guys and gals on here
