Page 3 of 3
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:15 pm
by AsLan7
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Yes that's the huge advantage with the Cobalt is you can fill and drain while under way.
It will certainly transform your ride as you can instantly add and eliminate 100's of pounds. I can still remember the different sensations.
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:19 pm
by Big Block Power
I remember when I went to my cobalt dealer this winter he was telling me about this boat as they just came back from Vegas and all the test rides they had on them. He said it was the coolest thing he ever felt as they were on plane and the boat kept gaining speed as the water drained.he said you could feel all of the boats characteristics change with the load change.
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:22 pm
by AsLan7
" it was the coolest thing he ever felt as they were on plane and the boat kept gaining speed as the water drained.he said you could feel all of the boats characteristics change with the load change."
YES BB!!...that's what I remember on our Fountain. Reggie was ahead of his time in 1995.
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:23 pm
by Soonerfan
Great info, never thought about using the ballast tanks to help with list. This boat has huge tabs that they call surf tabs that are in the way (I think) of where traditional trim tabs would be. My biggest concern were being able to push the bow down in choppy water with the tabs.
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 am
by ajcampen
Welcome to the forums.!looking forward to pics of your boat in the future and maybe even a ride j/k
Re: Newbie 2018 R7 WSS Surf
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:55 am
by liquid
Big Block Power wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Yes that's the huge advantage with the Cobalt is you can fill and drain while under way.
I didn't realize you could do that, granted I haven't read too much about them.