Page 2 of 2

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:49 am
by cmattj
Welcome from down here in California. Great swim platform on the A Series!! That is a beautiful boat!!

BTW there is no such thing as a good looking Bimini. The just look great when its a 100 deg and your anchored out swimming. :lol:

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 pm
by trs23
The previous stereo didn't have bluetooth so I took the opportunity to install the transom remote and swim platform speakers which are great when we are anchored and swimming. We got the MS-RA70N which has the dual zone ability, we can turn adjust the volume on the cabin and the swim platform speakers independently, crank up the platform when anchored and turn them off when driving around. The bluetooth remote works well, however don't use it very often. For the amps we got the JL M700/5v2 (cabin and JL M10IB sub, M200/2 (swim platform speakers) they seem rock solid for their first summer.

The only thing I'd like to add is underwater swim platform lighting. I'm looking at the Seablaze X (one on each side of the stern drive) - any thoughts?

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:01 pm
by Big Block Power
trs23 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:27 pm The previous stereo didn't have bluetooth so I took the opportunity to install the transom remote and swim platform speakers which are great when we are anchored and swimming. We got the MS-RA70N which has the dual zone ability, we can turn adjust the volume on the cabin and the swim platform speakers independently, crank up the platform when anchored and turn them off when driving around. The bluetooth remote works well, however don't use it very often. For the amps we got the JL M700/5v2 (cabin and JL M10IB sub, M200/2 (swim platform speakers) they seem rock solid for their first summer.

The only thing I'd like to add is underwater swim platform lighting. I'm looking at the Seablaze X (one on each side of the stern drive) - any thoughts?
I think your making the right decision. My buddy has those lights. They are bright.

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:44 pm
by Ytmsn
I have those on my 240 and will be putting them on my 262. They work really good. Southern has them on his boat too.
20170616_222354.jpg

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:23 pm
by AsLan7
.
ooooh, those do look great at night!

Re: New to Cobalt ownership

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 pm
by thunder550
Beautiful boat, welcome!