Page 2 of 2

Re: 246 bow rider big block/mercury

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:57 pm
by Big Block Power
AsLan7 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:04 am
dustinm wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:58 am Heres something that Ive been keeping an eye on. Thought about selling our CS and buying it.

https://www.parksmarina.com/used-boats/ ... 02bcadc23/
.
I can highly recommend the 262 hull. Make sure you have a tow vehicle that can handle it. With trailer, fluids and gear it will top out at over 6500 pounds.
Agreed you would have to sell your Ford PU and buy a small SUV to pull it 😂😂

Re: 246 bow rider big block/mercury

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:48 pm
by dustinm
And get your cdl

Re: 246 bow rider big block/mercury

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:28 pm
by Bigjimmy82
Sounds like you’ve got a clean one Pilotmike!

The 262’s are nice, and seems to be much better inventory of them, maybe I’ll broaden my search. Need to research overall length to work out how it would fit in the garage.

Edit: What is a fair ballpark to budget for a trailer?

Re: 246 bow rider big block/mercury

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:27 pm
by Pilotmike
I found a Road King aluminum trailer at Lake Norman Marina (7500lbs axles) that fit the boat for $3800 new. It was a 2018 model they used to drop their test drive Cobalts.

I trailer daily, other than a cheap wiring harness (which I replaced) it does the job.
Boat.jpg