Page 2 of 2

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:43 pm
by Dudley67
:shock:

F6’s….. As mine is factory, F5’s more hole shot if memory serves me. F3’s, stump pullers

8-)

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:46 pm
by TommyTahoe
You can go to the Cobalt Boats website and download the owners manual from the owner resources section. I have the same year engine set up. Factory at sea level, they come with F6's, as it states in the manual.

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm
by Big Block Power
Wray rpm are you turning at wot? She has to be singing with a f3 set. If not you still have other issues. She should have been bouncing off the Rev limiter.

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:31 pm
by Dudley67
This is from a search I did awhile back. Model year 2001
B5682F67-265F-4DB0-9AD0-576599BBC969.jpeg

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:57 am
by blueimpulse
When I give her full throttle she jumps right to 5K+ rpm, think I've seen 5200 on the gauge. The holeshot is really impressive. On plane in 2 seconds.
Guess she could be bouncing off the rev limiter if I keep pushing but I always back off once she passes 5k. So WOT is somewhere above 5k.
3K rpm is 20mph. For wakeboarding and tubing 2.5 to 3K is perfect.
But when cruising I have to turn 4K+ rpm.
Engine should be healty, 475 hours, has good compression, doesn't eat oil and starts fine every time but it is 20 years old so I guess you never know.

So I guess I'm going to search for a F6 or F5 set.
Maybe I'll be a little disappointed with the holeshot when turning F6's..

I did found a VP D6 set locally, aluminium. (type 3856366)
Will they fit on my DP-SM drive ?

Re: New member - 2001 Cobalt 226

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:30 pm
by Big Block Power
No don't put a aluminum set on.
Yes your home shot will take a hit when going up. It's all a Balancing act.