Page 2 of 2

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:28 am
by GhostWhisperer
We were told the same thing by our dealer-even when ordering. The added inches are all in the center of the space so it really didn't matter for us with the money and weight savings. To me it's splitting hairs when you're inside both. I was glad to hear Cobalt decided to keep the CS's in the line up. I know the big boats sell the best for them, but there are a lot of us out there who still want that trailerable high end stuff that no one else in the market serves.

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:18 am
by dustinm
Thats weird all 3 of our local dealers have a CS23 in stock and only 1 has a CS22 (regional thing?). The one with a CS22 has a local lake with a size restriction that the 22 just fits in. I do now see its roughly an 8K savings. It was out for us because we need the 12 passenger rating.

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm
by GhostWhisperer
I take everything a dealer says with a grain of salt, for sure. They stock 23's and 22's, and only expressed more of an opinion when they found out we were ordering. We just liked the proportions of the 22 for us - easy tow, launch, and still plenty of room inside. The most people we can stand at one time has never crossed the "six" line, so max capacity wasn't an issue with us!

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:41 am
by Krob1114
GhostWhisperer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm I take everything a dealer says with a grain of salt, for sure. They stock 23's and 22's, and only expressed more of an opinion when they found out we were ordering. We just liked the proportions of the 22 for us - easy tow, launch, and still plenty of room inside. The most people we can stand at one time has never crossed the "six" line, so max capacity wasn't an issue with us!
Even though our Coast Guard rating says 12 people, I feel like eight is a crowd. Someone has to move to get a beer. Someone else has to move to put empty can into trash.....etc. Some of my favorite weekends are just me and my bride. Even then, I don't get my music choices.

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:19 pm
by Dropped Anchor
All I can tell you is this, if you own a CS 22 or 23 from early 2020 and older, your boat is probably worth a lot more than you paid for it. That is extremely rare for a boat.

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:40 pm
by dustinm
Dropped Anchor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:19 pm All I can tell you is this, if you own a CS 22 or 23 from early 2020 and older, your boat is probably worth a lot more than you paid for it. That is extremely rare for a boat.
What did they list for back then? In Sept we were still able to catch the Cobalt factory discount and the dealer also gave a discount.

Re: CS23 versus R3

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:52 pm
by Anesslet
We ordered a CS23 and it should be here in June. The dealer had both a 22 and a 23. For us the extra foot is worth the money. A foot is a foot and I’ll take the extra room. The 22 is obviously right for some people but I wanted the extra room.