Page 2 of 3
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
by Ytmsn
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!

Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!
Sensitive

you better put that umbrella back over your beach chair

your getting a little hot under the collar.
Now I can't use my bimini my tower is wrecked.lol thank god it only gets to 70 up here.
Your OK I get it. Ok no I don't.lol
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:19 pm
by Southernboatman
Yeah it's a "little" redneck but how else are YT and me gonna keep that keg in the garbage can cool on the swimdeck? Yes that's a keg in a garbage can in my utility room. What's wrong with that? I mean, how else am I gonna fill up that pig growler?
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:28 pm
by Driller
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!
I'm here for you brother. It's hot, heat index 106 over the weekend.
There's no such thing as too much shade, but there is too little shade.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm
by Ytmsn
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!
Sensitive

you better put that umbrella back over your beach chair

your getting a little hot under the collar.
Now I can't use my bimini my tower is wrecked.lol thank god it only gets to 70 up here.
Your OK I get it. Ok no I don't.lol
Haaahaa!

It's all good BB! Sorry to hear about your tower... Come on over to Southerns and Driller and I will draw you a beer to help you get over it. Even if you do hold your little finger out while you drink!

Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 pm
by Big Block Power
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:43 pm
Big Block Power wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:17 pm
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!
Sensitive

you better put that umbrella back over your beach chair

your getting a little hot under the collar.
Now I can't use my bimini my tower is wrecked.lol thank god it only gets to 70 up here.
Your OK I get it. Ok no I don't.lol
Haaahaa!

It's all good BB! Sorry to hear about your tower... Come on over to Southerns and Driller and I will draw you a beer to help you get over it. Even if you do hold your little finger out while you drink!
If your neighbors think you're a detective because a cop always brings you home, you might be a redneck.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 pm
by Alaskabound
As posted in the other thread, here is the Ky. Redneck version. We ordered a 12' x 12' square version with the idea of extending the forth corner toward the bow area. We received it in the mail but haven't tried it yet.
Dub
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:58 pm
by Tuscany
Ytmsn wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:11 pm
Both of you fair skinned yanks can bite me! It gets hot down here. Y'all just ride around burning gas without a bimini up, while we just burn.
Here in our country we soak up to our earlobes for hours at a time "visiting"with folks while consuming copious amount of fermented beverage.
When we get back in we don't want to roast. So solutions are sought. When I had my grandbaby with us for a week the extra shade was awesome and much appreciated.
I might have to start a thread on redneck solutions. I've seen some doosies!
I wilt under that kind of heat. I'm useless over 80 degrees. I would suggest getting out of that blast furnace and get a summer home up here, where summer is perfect...even if it only lasts a short time. As my dad used to say, "summer is the best day of the year"

Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 pm
by liquid
I thoroughly enjoy this thread.
Tuscany and I deal with 80's max and water temps from 65-75 depending on the lakes.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:03 pm
by Driller
liquid wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 pm
I thoroughly enjoy this thread.
Tuscany and I deal with 80's max and water temps from 65-75 depending on the lakes.
Yeah, well. When the heat index is 106 deg and the water temp is 87 deg. It still feels good to jump in.
Kick in a little evaporative cooling, but you guys probably don't know about that little Southern Secret.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 am
by liquid
Driller wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:03 pm
liquid wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:11 pm
I thoroughly enjoy this thread.
Tuscany and I deal with 80's max and water temps from 65-75 depending on the lakes.
Yeah, well. When the heat index is 106 deg and the water temp is 87 deg. It still feels good to jump in.
Kick in a little evaporative cooling, but you guys probably don't know about that little Southern Secret.
I do not

Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm
by Driller
So growing up in far west Texas most folks didn't have central refrigerated air. They had evaporative cooling. Basically the bottom is filled with water, and a pump picks it up and circulates it thru the straw pads on the sides. A fan then pulls air thru the pads and blows it into the house. Down stairs you have a couple of windows cracked and the hot air escapes.
Worked pretty well, but only if you have really low humidity where the "evaporative" part works well.
Similar effect when you come out of the water with a breeze and the water starts to evaporate off your skin.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:49 pm
by AsLan7
Driller wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:38 pm
So growing up in far west Texas most folks didn't have central refrigerated air. They had evaporative cooling. Basically the bottom is filled with water, and a pump picks it up and circulates it thru the straw pads on the sides. A fan then pulls air thru the pads and blows it into the house. Down stairs you have a couple of windows cracked and the hot air escapes.
Worked pretty well, but only if you have really low humidity where the "evaporative" part works well.
Similar effect when you come out of the water with a breeze and the water starts to evaporate off your skin.
I'm going to strap that to my Merc
.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 pm
by Driller
It is what it is. As a kid, I didn't even realize I lived in a desert. It was just home. I still miss being able to see 30 miles on a clear day.
Re: For my Southern Brothers
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:05 pm
by Ytmsn
"Down stairs you have a couple of windows cracked and the hot air escapes."
I said "crack a window" a couple of months back in Connecticut and they thought I meant break the glass!
